Cigarette Smokers * * * MUST READ * * *

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by BlackCat, May 26, 2007.

1. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ

Community Service, Community Service, get logs an orange vest and go pick up bottles n butts off the side of the road. Take your friend with you. Reason, punishment for not being the brightest crayon in the box!:biggrin_2554: Like an empty ash tray, smoke filled car will pass as a non smokers car!:biggrin_2554: Logs you should no better, now go find an orange vest and report to super 70.:biggrin_2551:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ

I just changed your handle to LitterLogs. :biggrin_25523:

4. munrkr

munrkr Medium Load Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Something about your right to pass gas ends where my nose begins... Anyway, has anybody mentioned a thorough cleaning followed by one or two liberal applications of febreeeeze (unscented, my fav). And yes, throwing out bottles of urine out the window is pretty disgusting, selfish, and illegal. Like it'll ever stop. "Play nice." :biggrin_2552:

5. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    :biggrin_25514::biggrin_2554::biggrin_25514:

Would you like some cheese with that whine? Why only smokers?

You don't have an issue with Buffet Bob, who breaks the arm rest and collapses the seat foam in every truck he rides.
    OR
    with Dipstick Dave, who checked his oil....just last week.
    OR
    with Jammin Jimmy, who is so good at floating gears, you now have 6 inches of play between each of them.
    OR
    with Airhead Annie, who doesn't even own an air gauge, never has.
    OR
    with Slippery Sam, who never scaled that load he dropped in the yard for you, with the "state scales" 5 miles down the road from the yard, going your way, opposite of the way he came in.
    OR
    with Stinky Smith, who hasn't been home in 2 months, and hasn't had a bath or done laundry in 3 months.
    OR
    with Sexy Sally, and her 3 cats she kept in her truck.
    OR
    with Brakecheck Randy, who doesn't own a 9/16 wrench, cuz he's a truck driver, not a mechanic.

But as a smoker, I do see you point. We're just plain nasty, and uncaring of our fellow drivers who may get into our OLD truck.

By The Way...If you worked for a decent company (aka low turnover) you wouldn't be getting a 1-2 year old truck that may have been smoked in...at least not for long.

6. rch10007

rch10007 Medium Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Madison, AL
    Upholstery shops carry a product that works like a fogger and will disinfect the inside of ANY vehicle. Guaranteed to create a sterile environment and eliminate (not cover up) odors.

They run about $20 a can. I can't remember the name of it, but I have bought a can and only used part of it. The rest I gave away to a buddy who has large dogs. His truck was bad until he used it. Now he buys that stuff by the case!

7. BlackCat

BlackCat Light Load Member

May 25, 2007
    Texas

Please get me the name if you can. I have even had COIT come out and professionally steam clean 1 truck and it still stunk!!!

8. rch10007

rch10007 Medium Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Madison, AL
    Do a search for "odor fogger aerosol" on your favorite search engine. You'll find loads of info about the ones available in your local area. I would call a local upholstery shop and ask them. It's been a long time since I bought the stuff and my buddy is in the sand box, so I can't call him.

9. Redlight

Redlight Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Are you an X smoker. I found that X smokers are the biggest at complaining about smoking, reson IMO they are affraid of smoking again:biggrin_2556:

10. LeadfootSlider

LeadfootSlider <strong>Queen of the Confused</strong>

Jul 15, 2006
    Crystal Spring, PA
    I did not read all the posts, just the thread starter and let me add my opinion on the thoughts expressed.

At what point in your life did you reach the conclusion that the world revolved around you and your desires?

I prefer to not have a truck that stinks like cigarettes and as a smoker I do everything I can to keep the stink out. Its pretty simple. Clean the truck. Again. And again, until it no longer stinks. That's what I did.

I also pull flatbed, but I don't drag grease and dirt into my truck. It's all up to how YOU clean it and keep it up.

And until you own your own truck don't expect to have a truck that meets your expectations.

Just red it up (that's right I said RED, it's my Ohio hillbilly comin out).

11. BlackCat

BlackCat Light Load Member

May 25, 2007
    Texas
    At what point you ask... About the point where I started smelling nasty trucks that have been ruined by smokers, that is when. Is there anything else that I can answer for you?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.