CIMC reefer Trailers

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Tarheel005, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Tarheel005

Tarheel005 Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2022
    Does anyone have any knowledge of these CIMC reefer trailers? They are priced lower than most which is throwing off red flags for me. Need some guidance into whether we should consider buying some or not. Any insight will be helpful Thanks in Advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    CIMC stands for China International Marine Containers, that should give you all the insight you need.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Buy one and test it. Might be surprised at the high quality or not.

5. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    Place I retired from had around 500 chassis on lease that they built with few problems.

Tarheel005 Thanks this.
  6. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    The difference is noticeable at about 7 year mark. Mine began basicly falling apart. At that time, it could only maintain 70 to 80 degree difference from outside temp to box setting. Doing mostly frozen, I sold it and bought a great Dane. This unit now at 6 years old still will freeze the balls off a brass monkey. For reference my 2010 cimc had a tk sb-210 system and my 2018 gd had a carrier 7500.

If you know you won't need something suitable for ice cream in the desert and just starting in the industry and want to save a bit, cimc can be a suitable unit. If you want to buy a trailer that will last longer and perform better as time goes on, the higher initial price for a Dane or utility actually costs less over the long game. Just depends on your situation, what you need it for, your financial situation, etc.

7. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    That makes some sense, I can only comment on the running gear from our chassis leases was the latest axle and wheel end components

Tarheel005 Thanks this.
  8. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    There’s only a few axle/wheel suppliers,

I’m one of the few at my barn that runs a Urility, also a few wabash, every one else runs a woof, which is the only thing i would look for if I buy another, the floor on my 2011 is trashed, meanwhile, you still have 90s hounds running around with super 2s once in a while

wis bang and Tarheel005 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.