Circuit City

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by knighton5, Jan 11, 2008.

1. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    My 2 cents worth. I believe 53 ft. trailers shouldnt belong at Circuit City in the Seattle area (Tacoma,Olympia) some require you to turn into the ONE driveway and head for the front door, then make that tight turn (cars parked of course in the way) then play the game of 4 wheelers WAIT, so I can back up to the dock door aiming in the same direction!

Ok, Im done. Have a good weekend.:biggrin_25522:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Powell-Peralta

Powell-Peralta Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Are you talking about the retail stores, or their DC?

i did circuit city in N.E. (holiday rush) and NO 48' should be at some of the locations.

On the plus side, the stores had the trailer unloaded within 2-3 hours, sometimes quicker.

4. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    I am refering to there retail stores. The distribution is fine, but the stores are, well, questionable. I was picking up returns in the Seattle area one time and waited 6 hours, then stop number two I had to wait overnite because the first stop took to long. Interstate doesnt pay detention pay! 6 hours at first stop, and 13 hours second stop. these were extreme waits, but usualy there faster, but they really dont have the room to manuever when the dock is located near the front of the store. Ive noticed that Interstate delivers to Michaels, and other mall type stores which isnt the greatest place to be when 4 wheelers are parked in the way. I feel better, DRIVE SAFE.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.