City horn want work can anyone help

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Tljtlj, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Tljtlj

Tljtlj Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2017
    I have a 2010 Freightliner Cascadia and my city horn stopped working and it's time for my Federal Inspection. I looked for a fuse but I don't see one labeled horn can anyone help?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. girlsdrivetoo

girlsdrivetoo Light Load Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Toledo, Ohio
    This is kind of old school, but it is a good place to start. Did you pop the button of the steering wheel? If it is a round disk in the center, you can pop it off and check the contacts. You may have a broken contact, (a small flat piece of metal that would connect when you push the button) You may be able to gently bend that piece so it makes contact. Good luck!

scythe08 Thanks this.
  4. Alaska76

Alaska76 Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Inland Empire, WA
    Unplug the horn and insert a 12v test light between wire and good ground, then have someone activate the horn while you observe test light, or vice-versa. If the lights illuminates, replace horn, if no illumination then find location of power loss to horn. Sometimes the horn will fail and short, blowing the fuse.

Cottonmouth85, mhyn and scythe08 Thank this.
  5. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    99% you have bad horn(corroded inside). it's expensive in the dealer. Go to AutoZone and buy any aftermarket horn for $15. Cut the connector and connect the horn. It will work, I have done on my 2012 Cascadia.

Cottonmouth85 Thanks this.
  6. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    Exactly what they said.

20170624_160042.jpg

girlsdrivetoo and mhyn Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.