Civil penalty questions

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Bigtruckdrivah, Sep 11, 2022.

1. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    yea, with STG[/QUOTE]
    That's why you have a bullseye on you. DOT has a hard on for container haulers. Always have and it doubt it will ever change. I used to haul out of Seagirt and 99 percent of the trucks coming in/out were beat up garbage.

However, since you're not running under your own authority you won't have to pay the fines. That's the motor carrier's responsibility and probably the only good thing about being a lease operator in Intermodal.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bigtruckdrivah

Bigtruckdrivah Light Load Member

May 31, 2020
    That's why you have a bullseye on you. DOT has a hard on for container haulers. Always have and it doubt it will ever change. I used to haul out of Seagirt and 99 percent of the trucks coming in/out were beat up garbage.

However, since you're not running under your own authority you won't have to pay the fines. That's the motor carrier's responsibility and probably the only good thing about being a lease operator in Intermodal.[/QUOTE]

So they get my fine? Lol

4. ProfessionalNoticer

Apr 25, 2021
    So they get my fine? Lol[/QUOTE]
    Indeed. The fine should be written to the carrier.

Bigtruckdrivah Thanks this.
  5. Bigtruckdrivah

Bigtruckdrivah Light Load Member

May 31, 2020
    Indeed. The fine should be written to the carrier.[/QUOTE]
    I’m sure it’ll get passed on to me as it should. Like I’ve said here I’m not cryin or makin excuses just tryin to see what I’m in for and possibly how I can get around these places easier lol

6. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    You can’t be forced to run the toll road, plus OK chose to put their scale above where you get on.

7. ProfessionalNoticer

Apr 25, 2021
    I’m sure it’ll get passed on to me as it should. Like I’ve said here I’m not cryin or makin excuses just tryin to see what I’m in for and possibly how I can get around these places easier lol[/QUOTE]
    Your carrier may try to get you to pay it and it might even be in your contract but ultimately the Feds will expect the carrier to pay it and they're the ones who will have to deal with the legal issues concerning the fees.

I used to pull containers out of Seagirt and Norfolk. I know DOT has a hard on for them. I was cited for so many things during those days but I was running under their numbers so they had to deal with it. I certainly don't miss it at all!

8. woolybully35us

woolybully35us Medium Load Member

Mar 13, 2015
    ks
    yes big wide shoulder as you get back on 35

9. Jacoooooooo

Jacoooooooo Heavy Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I’m sure it’ll get passed on to me as it should. Like I’ve said here I’m not cryin or makin excuses just tryin to see what I’m in for and possibly how I can get around these places easier lol[/QUOTE]
    The Law determinded Carrier is to pay, I say let the carrier pay.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.