Class A road test in the rain.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Jcris4991, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Jcris4991

Jcris4991 Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2018
    Uhh nope. After they handed me my failure papers they said to make sure not to lose it because I’ll have to do everything over again and my school keeps reassuring me because it’s broken up into 3 parts in nj. But I trust nobody

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Well, maybe you'll get lucky. Make sure you haven't forgotten your pretrip and air brake test.

4. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    By the way just a few tips for when you do drive in the rain unless your trainer has already told you, posted speeds are only for ideal conditions, slow down in the rain and snow to what ever you feel will be a safe stopping speed, back off any vehicles in front of you by at least 4 seconds, if you have to stop in a hurry try not to jam on the brakes as this will certainly jackknife your truck, hit your trailer brakes first as this will actually pull you back, then tap on maxi's, always keep a look out not just on the vehicle in front of you, look further forward in heavy traffic if you see vehicles 1/2 a mile in front starting to brake get on your brakes and prepare to stop this will get you out of a lot of pile ups or prevent you from causing one.

5. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I HIGHLY suggest you don't yank your trailer brakes first when stopping during your test. Our examiner told us that was an auto-fail.

6. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Who the hell would do that?

magoo68 Thanks this.
  7. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I don't know, but post number 24 advised the OP to do that, and I advise against it.

magoo68 Thanks this.
  8. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

It's little different when it's raining versus dry, except your wipers & defrost should be in good condition, not just pass Pre-Trip.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  9. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    @tscottme whats the latest on the new job company did you already found an outfit.

10. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Yes. I left Averitt after 18 years. I'm with a tanker outfit doing dedicated HazMat OTR out of Nashville since the Summer. I don't have anything bad to say about Averitt. It sure was comfortable for a long time. I like tankers, the pay has been OK, usually better than my last gig, but sometimes a little less. I'm not sure if I want to mention my company's name, yet. The only bad thing so far was having a 20 year driver run into my brand new tractor while I was in the sleeper at a truck stop just before Christmas. I'm STILL in a replacement truck.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  11. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    I'm so glad @tscottme you found a good gig, I'm thinking about leaving as well and find a different outfit LTL.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.