Class Action Lawsuit Against Concentra

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by BigRod2015, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Snow Hater

Snow Hater Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Be aware that if your blood pressure is taken immediately after walking from the waiting area to the exam room IT WILL BE HIGHER. In my case it is higher by at least 20 points indicating high blood pressure. Example; 148/86. After I've been sitting 10 minutes or more my doctor himself takes it and it's around 125/64. He tells me this is common and a source of misdiagnosis.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dump 6 axle- 35

Dump 6 axle- 35 Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2018
    Wow

how do i join?

4. Linus17

Linus17 Bobtail Member

Yes... count me IN as well! I've had a Class A (with all endorsements) since 1994, just took a DOT physical in Los Angeles this month, and all of a sudden, I am being forced to take a Sleep Apnea test because I am what THEY like to call "High Risk" (i.e. age, race, BMI, previous smoker)! I actually feel... offended! That so-called "physician" has never MET me, doesn't know my medical history, but because I "check some boxes" on HIS chart, there must be something wrong with me... or there WILL be! So, after getting a 2-year Cert from DAY ONE, I am now getting a 3-MONTH one until my sleep study test comes back either "negative", which will put me in a 6-month category... or (God forbid) "positive", which will either keep me at 3 months FOREVER, or FAIL me, then I will lose my job. This is UNACCEPTABLE! Since when did merely driving become so... health-conscience? Do I have to go to BOOT CAMP now in order to maintain a CDL? Why are they getting away with this? Why aren't we CDL holders not uniting? All of this is unreasonable! Once Police Officers graduate from the Academy they never have to exercise again, but their job is a LOT more strenuous then ours, so... what gives?!?!

5. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Insurance companies and lawyers just looking for one more thing to pin on the driver. When big neck crashes his white or red Cascadia into a family of four you know darn well the question of sleep apnea and sleep tests are going to be brought up. I also think there is a financial interest by some doctors or clinics that may have stock holdings in the makers of the cpap machine. Good luck with the class action if it gets off the ground. I'm not against the testing but I've heard complaints from drivers that don't fall into the category of possible sleep apnea say they were forced to take a sleep test, and Concentra was involved. fat boy.jpg

6. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    I’ve been to a concentra before! They SUCK to say the least, had a complete distal bicep rupture, and they diagnosed me with a strain, my bicep was in my shoulder! Their so called doctor never took her eyes of the chart and looked at me! So I got up told them to go work at 7-11, and went to a actual hospital, when they saw my arm they knew exactly what I had, NEVER EVER GO TO A CONCENTRA!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  7. Dump 6 axle- 35

Aug 22, 2018

8. Dump 6 axle- 35

Aug 22, 2018
  9. Fresh in my mind

Fresh in my mind Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2020
    I don't want Concentra in my state, Its time to shut them down

10. DetroitDave

DetroitDave Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2021
    Im 39. I just went to concentra for a pre employment drug screening and dot physical and hpe. He gave me a three month dot card. I previously had a 2year dot card. He told me based on my BMI and my neck width i needed to have a sleep study done. I get home and i start looking through the paperwork they gave me and i notice that he say i have history of snoring or falling asleep in the day time. He asked me if i snored i told him no one has ever told me i snored. He then told me i guarantee you snore and have bad sleep apnea. He never asked me if i ever fell asleep during the day. But i did tell him i got a full nights sleep and i don't wake up in the middle of the night not even to piss. Yet he marked that I that i snore on his form and that i have a history of fall asleep in the day. I have a clean driving record , zero points, zero accidents. Now i have gone from a two year dot card to a three month dot card on a pre employment exam. And he lied about at least one of my responses to his questions.

11. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Go find another doc and get another physical. You will have to put the same things on the forms that you did the first time otherwise it will be considered doctor shopping. Where are you located?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.