Class starting 25 Oct 11

Discussion in 'Prime' started by silenteagle, Oct 24, 2011.

1. silenteagle

silenteagle Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ozark, MO
    I am driving down to Springfield today to start with Prime. I have read many threads scattered, and hope to get some feedback from other arrivals. I saw one guy flying in and another delayed by a black bear. (ama91761 and BigCheese) What interesting reading this has been. I hope to meet everyone soon.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. da1

da1 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2011
    SC
    congrats on your new start hope you enjoy it as much as i have ill be in springfield all week

silenteagle Thanks this.
  4. silenteagle

Oct 23, 2011
    Ozark, MO
    Look forward to meeting you this evening. Should be arriving around 6-7...

5. silenteagle

Oct 23, 2011
    Ozark, MO
    Posted this in another forum, but want it to be up front here.

I have taken the evening to read through the posts. I am impressed that we have grown-ups here with level headed and intelligent conversations. Speaks volumes of the Prime drivers. After reading the website and talking to Travis the recruiter, it was a no brainer to go with this company. Let me explain:
    1. Any company that has high standards for entrance will have high standards of conduct throughout its organization. (I hope this is the case)
    2. Prime must be confident of its traning program to offer it for a one year commitment. As a military instructor, I can say that this is a real challenge that is hard to meet in all cases. (some just aren't cut out for the job)
    3. I have had several calls from the recruiter asking if everything was good to go for Monday.
    4. New trucks, WOW!!!! I was briefed on the truck types you can bring, and when they said 2007 or newer that get 6mpg, I was very impressed.

The list goes on and on, and I am a pragmatist when it comes to good things. I always look at deeds, not words. As a 20 year Army retired vet, I have some expectations from the organization I work for that I will not compromize. Reading the many many posts here and elsewhere make me comfortable in my decision to jump aboard. Lucky for me, Sprimgfield MO is just down the road.:biggrin_25522:

DRAGON64 Thanks this.
  6. Ms.Jesse

Ms.Jesse Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Alabama
    Congratz Silent eagle! Keep us posted!!

silenteagle Thanks this.
  7. ama91761

ama91761 Medium Load Member

Oct 14, 2011
    Hemet, Ca
    Welcome aboard from one Marine/Army. And yes still in Flagstaff Az. Off all the big companies in my opinion Prime is above them. Again welcome aboard and hope to be there sometime this week.:biggrin_2556: LOL. Hooha!

silenteagle Thanks this.
  8. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Welcome Silenteagle! Ill be here along with DA1 lol all week, or until I can pick up my truck, get settled, find a load, n burn rubber outa here lol

STILL in Flagtown?! wth? They run out of busses or something?

Hey DA1, how long you reckon it would take us to drive down there? lol Bet we could be there tommorow, maybe afternoon, but tommorow lol

9. ama91761

ama91761 Medium Load Member

Oct 14, 2011
    Hemet, Ca
    They had to dispatch a bus from phoenix and had to call a driver to come in pick up the bus and bring it to flagstaff to we can climb aboard and get down the road. So, finally after six hours of standing sitting we ate rolling.:biggrin_25523:

10. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Always good to be rolling lol See ya whenever ya make it into the yard, whenever that is

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.