Class starting 25 Oct 11

Discussion in 'Prime' started by silenteagle, Oct 24, 2011.

1. da1

da1 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2011
    SC
    i know how you feel about tnt took me a little longer to complete b/c we werent getting the miles as a team but hang in there itll be over soon

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. silenteagle

silenteagle Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ozark, MO
    End of my 3rd week/Beginning of the 4th. I have learned a lot the past week. We picked up in TX and went to Ontario CA with a load. Got to drop it early, so we were stuck in CA saturday when FM asks us to drop a load from the Fontana lot. No problem, we go pick it up and meet our APPT time. Problem #1: 1 pallet of DC Chicken missing & 1 too many Tyson Chicken legs pallet. They leave the tyson pallet on the trailer. Call claims & FM: hold till Monday Morning. Lose our next preload that would have gotten us home by Wednesday. Deliver the load Monday night and get our next load: Tuesday from Coleton CA to Shelbyville TN, with a stop in Pauls Valley, OK... Now this is a great load, cause I will get home by Thursday, and my Trainer will get home Friday night. No Problem, RIGHT???? QC says we drop our 02 in Ochelata OK at 0900. Get to Ochelata WMDC #7015, lady tells us we are in the wrong place, supposed to be in Pauls Valley WMDC #6042 (like it says on the paperwork). Little background; we live loaded called and told the dispatcher of the discrepancy and he told is Ochelata was the correct place according to SALES (yes, I know, sales never gets things wrong is what you all say on here:biggrin_25516:) So now we have to move to pauls valley, our appointments for 02 and 90 have moved back a day. FM really took care of my trainer for the problem, but sales gets away with another mess. Now I know to look at the Cust Code for WMDC's and double check.

4. silenteagle

Oct 23, 2011
    Ozark, MO
    BTW, sitting in Ontario CA sucks, but if you like walking, there is an awesome chinese restaurant on the other side of I10, near the Ontario Mills shopping center. IT WAS THE BEST FRIED RICE ! ! ! !

5. silenteagle

Oct 23, 2011
    Ozark, MO
    I have been reading a few very disturbing posts about instructors lately. I am lucky to have a good one, and should have been documenting my training a little better.
    Week 1: drove 4 hrs first day. Talked about control and lane drifting. Learned how to exit and enter highways & truckstops. Drove 8-9 hours every day after that. Focused on following distances & experienced some construction.
    Week 2: drove everything possible. Stopped at a t/s to practice backing. After that, I parked at truck stops. Did not back at shippers or receivers.
    Week 3: finished hours & headed back.to springmo to test.
    My instructor taught me smith systems little by little, how to use the Qualcomm logs, and how to fuel. At springmo, we practiced a lot for a day and half, 4-5 hours each day.
    I Trifectaed! Not once did he yell, hollar, or get mean. He did correct my malfunctions EKG some firm.words, but never raised his voice. He bought Lunch at the rib crib to celebrate my CDL.

Now, on TNT, he is treating me like a partner/team member. Now he has tought me everythingelse. My shift, my truck. I talk to the FM to resolve issues and ask guidance when I need it.

If your experience is not a little similar, address the issues immediately. Take it up the chain if necessary.

My challenge today is 40 mph crosswinds on 80 through Wyoming.

Drew352 and McBjork Thank this.
  6. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    McBjork Thanks this.
  7. silenteagle

Oct 23, 2011
    Ozark, MO
    Topped any of my stories :biggrin_25514:

8. Highway101

Highway101 Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Fallon, Nevada
    You can also take US 30 between Rawlings and Laramie to avoid the wind. Watch it though it could get slick but it does not get as windy.

9. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Yeah? Must have been my imagination then! It gets bad on US30 as well... high winds, white-outs, deep snow drifts - WY and ID concentrate snow removal on I80; US30 is a secondary route.

10. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Winter weather advisory out tonight/tommorow for SpriMo

11. da1

da1 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2011
    SC
    dont really like US30 thru there i do remember it can get a little hairy up there

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.