Climate Express

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by bryan21384, Sep 18, 2019.

1. OKC_BIGFOOT

OKC_BIGFOOT Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2018
    OKC
    As a driver that’s never been otr what are some truck accessories y’all recommend having? Inverter, Cb radio, stuff like that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    I always have a cb. A good gps garmin or rand McNally. Im kinda old school. I still carry my rand McNally road atlas. Its like my safety blanket. I wouldn't invest in a power inverter till ya find out if they will install it or not. Our 760 model trucks have small fridges in them. So once ya get in a truck ya can decide if that's enough fridge space or not. I still have our plug in cooler in here but there r 2 of us in the truck. Of course have plenty ya know clothes an blankets an such. First aid stuff. Winter is a coming so be prepared. We have a tv an dvd player but don't use em much at all.

4. Professor No-Name

Nov 26, 2016
    Yea it's more often than not ya see where most of these truck stops are surrounded with extra land they should've utilized for extra space.

bryan21384 and Lumper Humper Thank this.
  5. Lumper Humper

Lumper Humper Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2018
    Colorado Springs, CO
    To add to that, a good blue tooth headset preferably a Blue Parrot, microwave, some super basic tools including a hammer, hot sauce of your choice, and some entertainment items such as a laptop.

OKC_BIGFOOT Thanks this.
  6. OKC_BIGFOOT

OKC_BIGFOOT Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2018
    OKC
    I have mostly everything I need then. I believe in carrying tools. I don’t like to sit in the side of the road

bryan21384 and Lumper Humper Thank this.
  7. Lumper Humper

Lumper Humper Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2018
    Colorado Springs, CO
    If you ever need to know a good place to stop or just tips and tricks in general, feel free to @ us. I check this thread and the forums in general a few times a day.

OKC_BIGFOOT and bryan21384 Thank this.
  8. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Honestly, I carry very little in here. I have a good supply of clothes for the different weather patterns. I personally don't even have a GPS, and have never used one. I do utilize Google maps on my phone. I put it in satellite mode to scope out the area, or to look at reviews of different places we go. I have a road atlas that is so beat up that I need a new one. The road atlas is definitely necessary. A trucker's one. That's the best GPS in my.mind. I do have tools, and other little things for minor maintenance, like 5th wheel grease, glad hand seals, extra fluids. I have a CB radio in here, I do have one. I just have never bothered to have the company put it in, which that is a must....the company has to install it. That's one thing I do like, they don't hesitate to get things fixed. I've came from companies in which I've had to do repairs in my own and here that's frowned upon.

OKC_BIGFOOT Thanks this.
  9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    This is well maintained equipment. You won't have to sit on the side of the road. I don't even know if any of the tractors are 5 years old. They told me when I first got here that at about 500k miles they get rid of the tractors. Sometimes I have grief with the trailers when getting a preloaded trailer. Even then, once you call the shop, they will tell you where to go. You'll get good support here

OKC_BIGFOOT Thanks this.
  10. Professor No-Name

Nov 26, 2016
    I've always installed my cb. It just hooks up in the overhead.

OKC_BIGFOOT and bryan21384 Thank this.
  11. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Actually the state labor board will recover all money owed to you free of charge. Even if you signed so sort of form it can only be enforced if it conforms with state or federal laws. Most states the costs of doing business can’t be charged back to a employee.

dwells40, Lumper Humper and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.