Climate Express

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by bryan21384, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Thank you. I couldn't see any smack talking either.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Professor No-Name

Nov 26, 2016
    What I've found is that most companies have some sorta policy in place regarding felonies. They won't hire for certain periods of time : example, some won't hire for 3yrs, some it's 5yrs , some it's 10yrs. Sometimes that period of time is based on from the time a person was convicted and others base it on time elapsed from the time a person got outta prison. But yea Climate gave me a shot after i got my license back when i had just got outta being locked up for 3yrs. But they were able to verify 10 yrs of experience that i had prior to 2013. I've been at climate for 3yrs now. Are they perfect well no but they are good people to work for. You mentioned Carolina Cargo. Well i had a Friend that worked there an from his experience with them if i had to pick I'd pick CRST everyday and twice on Sunday over Carolina Cargo.

4. Professor No-Name

Nov 26, 2016
    Thanks Bro!

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  5. WakeUpTheEchoes

WakeUpTheEchoes Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2020
    Irving, TX
    In my years of being in prison and then on parole, I have known a few guys who have worked for various trucking companies. One got a job with Carolina Cargo. It seems that carrier has stories you would expect to be the plots of movies.

6. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Where all have you looked so far to once you get your license?

7. WakeUpTheEchoes

Jan 17, 2020
    Irving, TX
    CRST, Werner (no go), some local places nearby, Hub Group, CFI, Averitt Express, Wilson Logistics, Metropolitan, Mercer, Lone Star, and Don Hummer Trucking

8. WakeUpTheEchoes

Jan 17, 2020
    Irving, TX
    Those are the ones so far. I keep churning through leads as I find them. Fill out the app and then call.

9. Professor No-Name

Nov 26, 2016
    Try Pam transport. They have company sponsored training

10. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    CFI and Witte Bros has company sponsored training if I am not mistaken. I knew a guy that went through Transport America's school. Got his CDL, but didn't work for the duration of the contract. They're an option too. It's so many companies that take students but dont run to the CDL schools

11. Professor No-Name

Nov 26, 2016
    Ok i had to look back to your 1st post on this thread but now i see that you are starting school in mid February. Have you talked to that school about what they have to offer for job placement assistance. They may have some more ideas than what me or @bryan21384 are coming up with. I will say this tho even tho i don't personally recommend Carolina Cargo well a job is a job. Anyone can put up with 100 percent crap for a year or two if they know that it will eventually land them a better gig. So maybe as a last resort i would have that route in the back of my brain.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.