Climate Express

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by bryan21384, Sep 18, 2019.

1. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    You and me both. I like that one truck stop in Irving, NY. It's a reservation truck stop, with a good ### restaurant...yum!

57 model, Thrasher28 and mdmgolfin Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Thrasher28

Thrasher28 Heavy Load Member

Aug 12, 2021
    Bowling Green, KY
    Headed to Temple, TX for Sunday delivery. Will come out to roughly 2700 miles from Tuesday evening to Sunday.

I’m starting to understand why you all say ‘Climate Miles’ so often

bryan21384, 57 model and dwells40 Thank this.
  4. 57 model

57 model Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2021
    I love it!!

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  5. 57 model

Jul 23, 2021
    Welcome to the Climateers?

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  6. Thrasher28

Aug 12, 2021
    Bowling Green, KY
    7 hours to get in the gate at Hershey due to their system being down just to pick up this. I have no idea how people are fine with not doing a simple post trip for 3 minutes at the expense of hours for someone else, but it is what it is.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
    bryan21384 and 57 model Thank this.
  7. Thrasher28

Aug 12, 2021
    Bowling Green, KY
    Well, I’ll quit spamming this thread with posts after this one lol, but figured I’d give my ‘almost one week’ review.

Sitting here near Waco after that storm with 60mph winds blew through. Picking up in Dallas to deliver to Coke in Saint Charles Tuesday. Will be roughly 3300 miles in 7 days by tomorrow night. Loving it here so far — DM’s are great about booking loads with just enough time that I don’t have to rush, but tight enough I’m not sitting around for hours and hours. They’ve also been great about letting me do my thing and not calling for ETA’s and check ups. Maintenance was great and friendly when I needed a tire. All the customers and other climate drivers have been friendly and professional. The prepaid lumper at McLane by Hershey was convenient. The routes have been logical and the fuel stops have been spaced well so that I still have a choice to skip and go to the next so that I can keep my door closed. Easily the most comfortable truck I’ve been in. The ONLY nitpick I have so far with Climate is that the trucks feel like they can’t pull themselves out of a wet paper bag on I-44, but the comfort definitely makes up for it. :D

Decided to upgrade my CB tonight as well so I didn’t have to wait til I got home to throw my usual radio in lol. Felt weird not having one.

BCA09E06-5DE2-4CD6-A983-D3574869C6B7.jpeg

8. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    i bought that same radio,i kinda regret after seeing all the different analog buttons i had to figure out.i feel more comfortable with a cobra radio.

Thrasher28, 57 model and bryan21384 Thank this.
  9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Dang man, that's a tough break there. Ain't no telling where that ball came from though. Many drivers are trifling and they don't set up the next driver, or the company to succeed amd stay in rhythm. With this particular company, it's hard to fathom not taking the time to get repairs because we get so much time on each load.

That's a nice CB there man. They've ran you nicely. You're getting Climate Miles right out the gate! I'm sitting at the shipper in Rochester. Gotta a 6 pm pickup tonight, but went ahead and checked in. I'll probably grab a nap while waiting. Maybe they decide to load early. Who knows. Either way it don't bother me. I gotta be in Effingham, IL 0930 Wed morning.

mdmgolfin, Thrasher28 and 57 model Thank this.
  10. 57 model

Jul 23, 2021
    Vacation is over, back out with my fellow Climateers. Picking up in the boondocks here in the Hillbilly, del tomorrow in St Louis.

mdmgolfin and Thrasher28 Thank this.
  11. Thrasher28

Aug 12, 2021
    Bowling Green, KY
    Was mainly interested in the Bluetooth mic option. I’m a young’n so anything overly complicated with technology piques my interest lol. Had a 29 LX before this, so it isn’t much different. I like the nostalgic look of the classics more though.
    Yeah, that’s a big downside of upstate NY — not much freight coming out, especially for a company trying to get to a specific area. The last couple times I was up there, it turned into a day layover waiting on something halfway decent to pop up. On the bright side, you can avoid most of the mess on 71/70 if you run it overnight.
    Welcome back to the party. The boonies isn’t a bad place to be — less headache, more scenery.

57 model, dwells40 and mdmgolfin Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.