C'Mon man

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by JonJon78, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    I worked at ADM for years at a flour mill we would have customers cancel loads simply because they ordered to much for the weekend and needed to cancel a load or two for Monday but we wouldn’t find out sometime until the truck was in route and dispatch would have to call the driver to bring it back to the mill these were company trucks.It wasn’t uncommon at all for loads to cancel and postpone it

gentleroger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Seen that movie. Always the same ending.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    I've been doing this for 11 years as an owner operator and not leased on to anyone. Been driving trucks since 1999. I've seen my fair share of no good broker's and believe me you don't make it this long in the game if you don't know what your doing.

5. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    This is up there with the top five stupidest things I've ever read on this forum.

Broker screws a trucker, and your only explanation is it must've been the years of bad service the trucker gave.

LMFAO....sure. :rolleyes:

6. 6wheeler

Aug 30, 2009
    He was referring to another post I made. I had a reload in Baltimore going home, there was 20 guys waiting to check in so I knew this was going to take hours and hours to get loaded. Knowing the seaport, the broker and the receiver were all not going to pay detention, trust me I've been there, I called the broker and told him the truck was broken and couldn't pick up. I was home in 3 hours instead of waiting to get loaded all day.

7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Dang the broker got over on you majorly, and it ain't even your fault.

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  8. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Don't leave us hanging what did the broker say?? Or did you just hear the phone drop?

9. 6wheeler

Aug 30, 2009
    Let me search my email real quick and find it.
    The shipper was Hoover Wood Treated, and the broker was Online Freight Services, I think. I moved a lot that year, the broker said,

"You did?, oh that's strange, let me call my customer" I didn't hear from him again and it was a short haul, delivered it later that day

Mattflat362, Dino soar and TheLoadOut Thank this.
  10. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    So what do you do if the broker says good for you but the customer cancelled I have nothing to do with it any more?

TheLoadOut Thanks this.
  11. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Ok to clear some things up,

The broker claims the job site was on hold, although my load was going to a warehouse that delivers this particular product, which is solar panels.

Maybe they don't have the space to house this product at the warehouse and wanted to wait until the job site got the green light? I dont know, after she said the load canceled I really didn't question anything as It really does nothing but waste my breath anyhow, it is what it is.

She only offered $150 TONU, I was about 25 miles from the shipper in Cincinnati. Luckily that's a good flatbed freight area and I was able to get another load quickly ( although the reload turned out to be another fiasco LOL ) I guess when it rains it pores.

Load was 4 foot tarped, legal dimensions and paid $1800 on 400 miles exactly, going to a great flatbed reloading market...

I've done a few loads problem free with this brokerage but never with this particular agent...

I certainly do understand things happen and loads get canceled, I was just thrown back considering she literally called me 5 minutes prior inquiring about my ETA...

Who knows maybe a regular truck she works with was in the area who really begged her for the load? IDK

It's over and done with. I got bigger fish to fry!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.