Coastie Going O/O at last

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by coastie, Jan 10, 2009.

1. coastie

coastie Road Train Member

Little UpDate On the ole Coastie. Why not eh?

I have applied to Shaffer and they said they will work with me, I would have to go out with a trainer since I been off the road now 3 years as of next week. But At the same time I am having second thoughts due to my legs issues with gout and fluid build up. If I go out with the trainer hopefully no problem while with him.

But my dream of having my own truck and own authority is still alive. If you fail once try and try again is my moto.. Wish me luck on winning the Lotto if I win it I can buy new truck, new trailer and get own authority. Then I can run when I can and sit when I have to and not hurting anyone but my self. I do like being fair to all including bosses.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. coastie

Well I guess I will not be so lucky after all. Shaffer has turned me down. Application DENIED.

Well I did get an call from another company so I go for a DOT physical tomorrow.

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  4. Samueldoss

Samueldoss Bobtail Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Nampa, ID
    Coastie, check out Amerifreight, I'm thinking about getting a truck from there, I have a buddy who recently took his truck there and his first statement from leasing onto them after fuel, his truck payment and everything else he took about $5,500 for a 2 week period. Just keep your options open eh? That is Amerifreight systems, not the car haulers if you google them.

coastie Thanks this.
  5. coastie

Well so far if I did not have bad luck I have no luck at all. Trying to get a DOT Physical and soonest Aug so far. I did not call one group of Doctors, but I had a run in with them and their Office before. And they also ran one of the Best Doctors out of town, so I do not care to deal with them but may have to swallow my standards and go to them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.