Cobra 135vs 139

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Sgonza101, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Night Stalker10

Night Stalker10 Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2017

It’s always scary when I hear of someone who says thier radios have been peaked &tuned. Sometimes a stock radio works better than one that’s been peaked out. In your case you say it’s 25 Watts (PEP?), which isn’t good. A stock final radio can handle about 20 W PEP maximum before you start wasting power ( if it’s set for 100% modulation), such as bleeding across adjacent channels or splattering. Technically your really looking for around 16 watts max.
    If the technician can’t do a proper transmit alignment on the radio, chances are great his receive alignments aren’t very good either.

As far as your truck antennas go, there are other threads on this forum that discuss the T680 antenna problems. You might want to read through those, they might help you too.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sgonza101

Sgonza101 Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Now that I've been reading more about how they "add power" and just coil spread and mess
    I should of read more about how they "add power" (coil spread) and they mess up the radio. I took it to one cb shop and they did the peak and tune for supposedly 25 watts. Later that month I went to another cb shop and I asked how much output the cb has, they said also 25. I think I'll start with a 10k antenna or a 6ft firestick.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.