Cobra 29 lx max problem

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Trucker Jon, Aug 19, 2018.

1. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Doesn't matter. From this point on, you are the standard by which all 11 meter radios are measured. I, on the other hand, am one deadkey away from a massive in cab explosion. (Or house fire if I am on my base).

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Whats an explosion/house fire got to do with anything..Never mentioned Anything in that respect..

4. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Sounding a lil snitty in that reply..

5. Slowmover1

Slowmover1 Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Fort Worth
    We know you’re secretly a member of that cult out of New Mexico.

(Does it need an emoticon to get across?)

6. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    No secret...Yeah i use hard drive for radio work..Your point is?

7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Craig, he is addressing that to me.

Yes Mark is the greatest tech who ever walked the earth, all he has to do is touch a radio and it majically works better than anyone's radio.

YOU can talk to the moon and back and it sounds to the person you are talking to that you are sitting right next to them in person.

With his majic, all you have to do is have a coat hanger stuck in the back of the radio, anywhere as a matter of fact .... the external speaker, the pa speaker, the SO-239 and it is like you have a HUGE antenna on the tower 300 feet in the air.

AND to beat all, because he bestowed onto your radio all of this great communication gifts, you don't even have to have a mic hooked up or power, the radio knows what you are going to say and does the work for you.

Timin770, Slowmover1 and shogun Thank this.
  8. Tensleep440

Tensleep440 Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2018
    NE Corner of Texas
    Seriously, I can see some need a chance to grow up. No one mentioned a thing about Mark until the cult comment. This #### right here is what is truly pathetic. To hell with anyone that disagrees, but some people here are honestly trying to help others, and automatically they’re thrown into a cult following.

Snide comments and insults aside, we are all just talking on a #### CB radio! Act you age for crying out loud!

9. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Who me?

10. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    I personally don't have any issue with Mark, aside from his arrogance on his youtube videos and what I've read about his customer service skills. Truth is, he seems pretty sharp and I am sure his methods are effective.

I am fortunate that my tech is a former coworker who fixes radios at his house on a workbench like any cb shop has. He has been doing it for 30 years, and I can sit right beside him and watch. That's why I told the OP its his CPU board, I have seen the problem on a 29 LX and watched him fix it.

My issue is with someone telling me my set up isn't what I think it is and that any local distance I talk Is atmosphere related even though I have been able to do it daily since I moved here in 2006. Part of the reason is these guys are on awesome base stations, part is because my setup works well.

When someone struggles to talk 15 miles and wastes months getting his impedance down, then says you talk far because its skip, and tells you that you don't know if you are actually grounded, etc I can't help but laugh.

I get my knowledge from my amp builder who lives nearby, one of the most dominant stations on channel 6. I have bought 4 amps from him and he has replaced ZERO transistors in them since 2007. He drives a vehicle filled with 9 alternators and a compartment full of batteries and I have personally seen him work on an amp that does 30KW. Not once did he mention veryifying resistance, checking resonance (although I am sure it can be important) all he says is ground it to the frame or battery that is frame grounded, then check it with a bird meter (I own a couple) and bond more if necessary. So far, for 10 years it has worked well.

You can go on youtube and listen to his radio, which my tech tunes, and its crystal clear. When you start off insulting someone, having never seen their setup or heard it, then say oh I'm just talking ####, I am not interested in anything else they have to say, ever.

I wil put them on ignore and continue to offer advice on anyone who posts questions if I have firsthand knowledge. And while I disagree with Ridgeline's opinion on Class C amps, he certainly has tons of experience and will forget more than I will ever know. Sorry for the novel.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  11. Slowmover1

Slowmover1 Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Fort Worth
    No matter how good Sherman might be (have to wait for regular customers to die or retire) the use of Facebook is beyond the pale.

Anyone with a brain knows this. It’s not conjecture. Zuckerborg freely admits it.

So how “smart” is that tech?

Not enough excuses for that platforms use. One needn’t know anything else. Dumb enough for Facebook = dumb enough to fall for cult initiation.

Or watch the videos which feature neither beginning, middle, nor end. After awhile it’s like Jordan Peterson word salad.

But, (ha) ol’ Ridegeline baited the hook with, “you don’t know who I know!”

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    Timin770 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.