Cobra 29 lx max problem

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Trucker Jon, Aug 19, 2018.

1. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    I know that was partly directed at me and i did say that your set up was bad nor did i say your range was conditions...Dont be spreadin bs now....
    I said after a few miles we dont know if its radio or conditions and i also said we all go with same radio/ant theorys..
    All those ant measurement are important yes and again i didnt say much more so stop adding bs..Didnt say yours was good or bad but i more or less asked how do you know and your reply was bird meter..I dont need to go on and on but tell it like it is and stop adding your spin on a subject makein it look different than what was actually said..
    ALSO said if im wrong show me with evedience so i can learn..A vid of 2 people talkin from where you say they are doesnt prove squat with range and gear n such..
    I know your now commin off as a know it all just cause someone didnt mention some thing and you sat near a tech..Big whoop..
    If you are gettin those ranges and such power to ya,maybe someone can learn from your experience but dont discount someone elses experiences unless you can show them their mistake and help rather than take the bigh and all mighty attitude....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Meteorgray

Meteorgray Heavy Load Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Hey Shogun, I've been away from the Internet for a few days and just now saw the post about the video you made. Trouble is, I can't make it work on my computer. I did see the typo map with all the trees, and that's quite a wall to overcome in the flatlands for a close-to-the-ground mobile outfit. However, those big and tall beam antennas on the base stations is the way to do it, along with a good mobile set-up, such as your tall six-foot mobile antenna and good radio. The outstanding ranges you're reporting is certain evidence of that. Thanks.

shogun Thanks this.
  4. RouteSalesManDFS

RouteSalesManDFS Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2018

5. RouteSalesManDFS

RouteSalesManDFS Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2018
    Yes I know, I had to pass the 10 wpm code test to gey my general back when it was a requirement.

6. 1440#smasher

1440#smasher Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2018
    I'm having the same issue but mine is blue instead....I tried posting a pic but I have low memory so I couldn't

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.