Codes keep showing up

Discussion in 'Western Star Forum' started by RandyLAROSE, Mar 9, 2018.

1. RandyLAROSE

RandyLAROSE Bobtail Member

May 15, 2015
    Good morning I have a 2009 western star 4900 Ex series 60 Detroit. I was constantly having codes showing up basically all the sensors example oil temp coolant temp showing voltage high voltage low cam sensor messed up I changed that one and every other sensor including cam sensor and timing sensor the wiring harness for the left side sensors was changed 4 years ago the right side harness the feeds all the other sensors I was having trouble with I just changed 2 weeks ago I had the codes cleared from the ecm all good for 2 weeks this morning I get code 15 which is oil or coolant temp sensor voltage low and I get a code 21 tps sensor voltage high Btw I've changed the tps sensor at the pedal plus the wire harness that comes off the pedal why am I still having codes show up what else do I need to change thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I was getting a lot of codes a few years ago, after changing transmission and replacing the speed sensor they all went away.

One way to check speed sensor is to watch speedometer as you take off, it should climb smoothly, not start by jumping to 5 or so.

Some of the code I got were tps, high and low voltage, can't write ?, and sometimes cruse would stop working, I could reset on the fly with scan gauge and correct all the problems.

RandyLAROSE Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.