Cold liner express??

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Davebox, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Davebox

Davebox Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2016
    does anyone know anything about coldliner express? What they're offering sounds really good but I'd like to get an opinion from someone that has driven for them

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Watchman63

Watchman63 Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Check out this thread spanning about 8 years. The owners used to run Arctic Express (different owners currently) and also did business as Specialized Express before becoming Coldliner Express.

specialized express, columbus, ohio

4. SRT-SUCKS

SRT-SUCKS Bobtail Member

May 24, 2013
    The owner is Doug Abel, the co owner is Marci Hinton. Doug is an ####### to work with, when he gets mad at you he will yell at you and take anything you say out of context and fling it back in your face. His mother works there under him and even she believes her son is an #######. They are slow to fix minor repairs, bad about getting you home for scheduled appointments.

They only run Volvo trucks, omnitrac quallcom has flaws in navigation, change of duty status, the navigation app has the audacity to badger you about speeding when you are not speeding. The trucks are programmed to be governed at 65mph unless you don't idle at all. If you don't idle, you will be able to be governed at 70mph but each time you stop the truck and start moving, it will go back down to 65mph and you will have to travel at least 8-10 miles for it to ramp back up to 70mph governance. This can be a pain to work with but the pay is decent and they will cover reserved parking if no free parking is available.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  5. Driving and riding

Driving and riding Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2018
    Not very happy with this company. Pay fluctuates from week to week, benefits are horrible, and very little home time. They say you can work for 3 weeks and get 3 weeks home, I haven't met one driver who was allowed to do that. More like being at 5 to 9 weeks. Got a family move on, don't apply with this company. Management is just okay, with some dispatchers the same, just okay. They do have an open door policy and you are allowed to walk at the office but it seems I never get anywhere with questions or concerns. I just met a fellow driver recently who told me his dad was on his deathbed. I asked him if they were dispatching him home or flying him home. He said instead of loads going back to New Jersey they have me going out west with loads. He gave them the benefit of the doubt but I could tell he was getting very upset, and pissed off thinking about the lack of respect and the lack of compassion towards him, one of their employees. but I wouldn't. I told him they don't care about your father or you. They just want you to make them money. He was ready to walk away right then and there.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. Driving and riding

Dec 1, 2018
    On a further note, I told him don't do that man, it Wil be very hard if you leave a truck and and a full trailer abandoned. He said " I could care less, my brother and I will split $2 mil in stock, $3 mil in cash, and $6 in land holdings and both of us will retain his lawyers at his law firm. Bring them on.

7. bigdaddy269

bigdaddy269 Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2018
    when they have work they will erase your loggs so you can keep running but when you refuse to run illegal they will turn off your fuel card and send a wrecker to get your truck there biggest customer is tyson and the sad part is they will have you turn off the reefer to save them fuel and then turn it back on to get the meet to temp it was supposed to stay at the whole time people will start getting sick because doug and marci want to save money they are shady people and will abandon you in the middle of nowhere and you have to find your own way home and they wont pay you

8. Driving and riding

Dec 1, 2018
    This sounds like your talking about me. A lot of what you stated is not correct. Maybe you misunderstood what I was saying. I was never upset with the company nor management. I actually told them to dispatch home when they could within the next 2 weeks. They did. And if you remember, the story of my "lawyers,guns, and money" was said in jest. ColdLiner Express has always treated me with respect. I would highly recommend this firm to any driver

9. frankjones

frankjones Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2012
    They will erase your logs or edit them to give you more time available to deliver. Truth, Tyson is their bread and butter. They will never get you home. You'll drive on recaps and never reset.

10. frankjones

frankjones Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2012
    They are a lady ditch company. I was desperate and needed a job. A good place to get a year on paper bit them leave. They really are nice to you at first but then they really show you who they are. So if your rant hard up and need s trucking job go there, otherwise look elsewhere.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.