Colonial Freight CFS WARNING!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MsMoJo, Jun 18, 2014.

1. MsMoJo

MsMoJo Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Conway, AR
    I hope this will help someone by keeping them from what I just went through! Stay away it is a SCAM hidden expenses, truck payment, insurance which they own, you have to drive over 2000 miles in a week just to pay them you get nothing!!!! then you are dependent on them to get you more miles that week so after fuel you can make a little? But they don't get in any hurry trying to get you miles once they got theirs! I only drove for 8 weeks before I quit, I wanted it to work! the truck was a new 2014 volvo 780 it was nice!!!! no apu though! I drove from South CA to Nashville, TN and then turned truck in at Knoxville yard where they say you must! then was lied to face to face by the owner, Ruby McBride! I told her I needed to rent a car to get home to Conway, AR but didn't have a credit card in my name. She said "Well we don't have a company account with any car rental places" we can't help you. Go talk to Mike Barnes. Then I got authorization from Budget and paid $35 to taxi to get to airport, only to be told NO! we can't rent unless you have credit card in your name or corporate account. now i have to pay $35 to get back to truck! next day i go back inside and crying talked to another lady and she picked up phone and called enterprise and rattled off an account # for cfs and rented a car for $379 one way knoxville to conway plus gas! I had to give her cash to pay up front! they have $350 in escrow of mine $50 a week deduction. and $100 deposit i paid out of first load that was refundable! but i get NOTHING in fact they are saying i owe them $1,463.28?!!! CRAZY but TRUE Consider yourself Warned!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drivertim

drivertim Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2014
    That really sux. Sorry that happened

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    How are they coming up with that outrageous figure that they say you owe them?

5. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    DO NOT LEASE A TRUCK FROM ANY TRICKING COMPANY !!! ....it's a scam !!!! be warned!!!!! OR be another victim!!!!

bigdogpile Thanks this.
  6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I'm sorry but someone has to say this ... if you can't have a credit card in your name, what the hell are you doing as an independent lease contractor? Sounds like they treated you pretty fair considering what could have happened. You had no business quitting with nothing in your pocket to get home with and no business in a lease arrangement if you had no credit.

But this is a good thread to help remind others ... lease o-o deals are tough, and if your going to abandon one, at least have "getting home money" with you.

7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    BTW, I put as much blame on CFS as I do the OP. No carrier should EVER put a new[er] driver into a lease deal if they have no or poor credit. And they should at a very minimum require the lessee have a credit card or line of credit [with at least $5,000 available] at time of lease signing

8. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    I can see a big part of the problem here……."leasing" a 2014 Volvo, your payment must have been $750 weekly. (=$3214 a month) 30 business days in a month. No credit card in your name, you got in way over your head. S.Ca. to Tn…….you had the miles. Luck to Ya'

9. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    The company had no obligation to get you home once you quit. You're not three years old. The fact you don't have a credit card is really not their problem. They were nice to even help arrange a rental car for you. You should have came on here and read about "lease" programs before jumping head first in to the deep end.

truckinmike1984 Thanks this.
  10. MsMoJo

MsMoJo Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Conway, AR
    OK, I will admit to making a mistake, I have been in banking most of my life and I choose not to have a credit card. Regardless I happened upon them by calling a 800 # on a Job add that said "Home weekends" make $1,100 - $1,300 weekly! I was told on phone that I would haul containers from port in Texas to IN and back taking me home in AR for weekend! I was also told all I needed was to drive 600 miles a week to make payment. I was just looking for a driving job that would get me home weekly! I got there and was told they didn't do anything with a port in TX only Gulf Port, MS so that doesn't take you through AR. They also said when I told them what the recruiter told me, "well they did their job and got you here!" And I did have money to get home, as I said I paid $70 for a cab round trip and I paid the $379 up front to rent the car that they finally arranged after telling me they didn't have an account. All I am wanting is to warn other drivers about them! They charged me another weeks payments and said they had to replace windshield (which there was nothing wrong with it ) and they did a preventative maintenance on truck! that is how they came up with the $1400

11. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    When oh when are people going to realize that a trucking company is not going to give you something for nothing.

Ya hear goes this truck and instead of the company making all the profit. I'll give it to you for little to no money down. You can pay for the fuel, truck note, insurance, etc. Since we have been such a success. We will just watch you wallow in the money instead of us because we care about you. :biggrin_25526:

truckinmike1984 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.