Combining previous posts

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by barebear91, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
    Go the LTL or Intermodal local route.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Yo!!!! Relax man.....these are veterans in the game trying to teach you something. All of those things that have happened are unfortunate and my heart goes out to you, but you need to scale back and listen. When I began, the veterans told me that trucking is all about what you put into it. It's tough because everyone has to make money and move freight. In this industry, whiners and complainers won't last long at all. You have to see things for what they are, not how you want them to be. You have worked at some pretty good reputable companies. Now which one are you going to put your best effort in and make it work?

4. barebear91

barebear91 Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2018
    I'm not blaming the companies for my inexperience or mistakes. I'm trying not to do the same thing over again and expect something different. I posted on here to get advice not to be judged

5. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Nobodyis judging you. They only stated their opinion. they've been in the game long enough to know who is cut out for trucking and who isn't. They have reason to believe that this isn't a good fit for you. My advice to you would be to look at your experience, see what you can do well, figure out what you desire most. For me, I only care about freight. I like to stay busy and run hard. I like traveling all 48. I don't have to be home but once or twice a month. Steady money. It's hard to gauge which company can actually deliver, but once I get on somewhere, I tell my dispatcher that I like to run hard. I have no restrictions on where they can send me. All I ask is once I get burned out, send me home to recharge. I'm probably the most low maintenance driver any company will ever have. The next company you get with, stay one year at minimum. Then see what your options are from there.

6. barebear91

Jun 4, 2018
    I'm staying with jb hunt, just there is no communication with them and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing now

7. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Another old saying, squeaky wheel gets the grease. Get in their face, call them every 10 minutes, you'll get a load.

8. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Are you running all 48

9. barebear91

Jun 4, 2018
    Not yet. New acct they may try to expand after winter.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.