Comchek, EFS checks. Do drivers still use them?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by 6wheeler, Jan 19, 2018.

1. win-some-loose-less

win-some-loose-less Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Mount Vernon tx
    If your call comdata or Efs they will mail You checks for free, a whole bunch of em..

6wheeler Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. easytopleez33

easytopleez33 Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2015
    I knew Loves still takes them. Do you know if TA does as well?

4. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    All the majors still take them

x1Heavy and easytopleez33 Thank this.
  5. TruckRunner

TruckRunner Heavy Load Member

Dec 21, 2017
    It's interesting you bring this up since just the other day I am wondering why I havent loads for the first time in over seven years that didnt require lumper fees. It was such a hassle getting an efs check to a busy mega warehouse with long lines and I used to do it at least three times a week but it has been months since I had to write one. Not to mention the hassle of proving the efs advance to payroll when they lose or didn't get the receipt.

I hope this is the end of lumper fees for the company I drive for. Simply add the lumper cost to the bills no need for the 1950s method. I ran my own business for over a decade without using any paper if you can believe it. I hope one day the bills will be done electronically. A copy of the bills on my own phone, the carrier, and sent to the receiver will protect against loss or network outage. Once I delivered a load and the shipper left out some bills the receiver needed and they emailed them a copy within two minutes. All we have to do as drivers is pull into a warehouse and already have a door available for us. We then get contacted when to leave and we just drive. No need for the other bs. The technology already exists.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  6. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    We got new ones set up for a printer instead of the EFS books. I haven't used any in a long time, and Loves will charge the EFS card, instead.

We did cash to the few lumpers who required payment, but most either don't charge anymore, or charge the company instead of the driver.

To stop fraud, they used caller id, and verified where the phone was from, the lumper used my phone the last time, so I got questioned. My explanation was good enough.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I allowed a phone to go out of service for the foreseeable future because no one uses caller id when calling. If i don't know who you are I wont answer. Maybe I can find a app to force this information to come up in addition to just the number because I am not doing something correct. Or Uncle Sam needs to force ID of the caller plus number.

easytopleez33 and 25(2)+2 Thank this.
  8. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    Cellular identifies the number unless it's blocked.

Unpublished numbers can be gotten, though, too.

I don't answer blocked ones, and people I'm not expecting a call from.

kemosabi49 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  9. Octavioshortstop

Octavioshortstop Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2020
    Why would a truck driver ask for an extra comcheck or efs check.Why is the EXTRA word even use.Were does the EXTRA comes in.

10. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Couple of otr companies i worked for issued comchecks.
    Those were used for repairs.

11. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I always carried EXTRA Comcheks. Blank ones, of course. Never know when you might get that blown tire or breakdown and your company has to give you an express code so you can fill a check out and pay the shop.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.