Comet Transportation

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by amiller, Aug 12, 2013.

1. amiller

amiller Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    October was an interesting month. It started out with the first 2 weeks averaging 3300 miles and then the beginning of the third week I was sick and then I had to get $2300 worth of work done to the truck. The king pin, hub, drum, bearings, brakes, wheel seal & cap, and spindle all had to be replaced. Luckily I made it home to get the work done locally and was able to be out of commission while at home. All in all October ended up being an average month and I'm looking forward to a great start to November. Everyone be sure to allow your clocks to "fall back" as we move into the colder season!!!

October 6-October 13 (3327 total miles)
    1139 miles (Sunrise, FL-Plainfield, IN)
    1083 miles (Vincennes, IN-Arcadia, FL)
    1105 miles (Bartow, FL-Philadelphia, PA)

October 20-October 27 (2780 total miles)
    1238 miles (East Rutherford, NJ/Edison, NJ-Lakeland, FL)
    581 miles (Groveland, FL-Mooresville, NC)
    961 miles (Maxton, NC-Raymond, NH)

October 27-November 3 (1757 total miles)
    629 miles (Essex Junction, VT-Carlisle, PA)
    1128 miles (Lancaster, PA-Columbus, OH/Kansas City, MO)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. amiller

Nov 26, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    I have been really satisfied with my ability to still get miles while getting home. This has been as good as it seems to be able to get being OTR. I was able to get home for Thanksgiving but it was a 1400 mile journey from South Dakota that started that Tuesday morning. That journey included snow, fog, ice, heavy wind, and heavy holiday traffic. Right now I seem to be getting settled in on a dedicated route from Faison, NC-New Iberia, LA; New Iberia, LA-Effingham, SC. I do love knowing where I'm going at all times. That makes for comfortable driving when you know where you can stop and how to run the route most effectively. I will definitely ride this route out for as long as I can. Also in the beginning of November I received my second raise of the year so I currently make .42 cpm!!! Well I am looking forward to a productive December and a great start to the New Year....

November 3-November 10 (3516 total miles)
    628 miles (Lenexa, KS-Elkhart, IN)
    1150 miles (Warsaw, IN-Houston, TX)
    1738 miles (Webster, TX-Marlboro, NY)

November 10-November 17 (1900 total miles)
    1263 miles (Carlstadt, NJ/Brooklyn, NY-Lakeland, FL/Leland, NC)
    637 miles (Lakeland, FL-Leland, NC)

November 17-November 24 (2468 total miles)
    867 miles (Maxton, NC-Brattleboro, VT)
    1601 miles (Farmington, CT-Sioux Falls, SD/Des Moines, IA/Omaha, NE)

November 24-December 1 (2551 total miles)
    1480 miles (Howard, SD-Durham, NC)
    1071 miles (Faison, NC-New Iberia, LA)

December 1-December 8 (1993 total miles)
    887 miles (New Iberia, LA-Effingham, SC)
    1106 miles (Faison, NC-New Iberia, LA)

The Challenger Thanks this.
  4. amiller

Nov 26, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    I'm late on this update but I ran my last load for Comet a few days before Christmas. I almost made $50k last year but I made $48,515 net. Anyway I'm currently working for Saddle Creek through Transforce and I'm really happy to be home everyday and still able to make around $1k a week. This is my last update and I won't start a thread for Saddle Creek as it is essentially the same work everyday

Dark_Majesty_06 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.