Comet Transportation

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by amiller, Aug 12, 2013.

1. realfasho

realfasho Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Mooresville, NC
    Bruh I am sorry to hear that you are going thru this. What all do you have to pay for? Level3 should've just been an inspection of the driver and paperwork. So it seems you got a level 1 which is the whole shebang unless I've been told wrong. Again these trials are a true test of your will, don't give up man. I can honestly say I truly know how you feel though not just with trucking but I've had the same questions in life period.

amiller Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. amiller

amiller Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Yeah the officer said he was going to do a level 3 which turned into a level 1. The suspended authority in VA is probably what prompted the snowball inspection. Btw it took 2 hours

4. amiller

Nov 26, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Company doesn't seem to be in a rush to get me moving again which is causing me much concern. All day I've been wondering is this the time to leave or just stick it out. The officer helped me out a lot though not with the inspection but the way he wrote it up I only have to pay for the tire violation. Less than $100 bucks. Cheapest one so far

5. realfasho

Feb 15, 2013
    Mooresville, NC
    That's what's up bruh. They didn't write up the log violation or did I not understand what that meant?

6. amiller

Nov 26, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    It's wrote up but some way the officer only put a fine on the tire violation. He said I was honest and he wasn't going to fine me $2000 for log book violations. Man I miss elogs now lol

7. realfasho

Feb 15, 2013
    Mooresville, NC
    Daaaaaaaaamn!!!!! I'm glad he didn't write it up either. That's crazy. How bad was your log book?

8. amiller

Nov 26, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Let's just say on the surface it looks real good but once he started digging it got real bad really quickly

9. realfasho

Feb 15, 2013
    Mooresville, NC
    LMAO!!! I hear ya bruh. Gots to be more careful.

amiller Thanks this.
  10. amiller

Nov 26, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    This is by far the worst week of my trucking career. What else could possibly go wrong? How about two drive tires on the same axle. The blowout veered me to the right almost causing me to crash into a minivan. Now I'm on the shoulder off I81N in WV waiting for roadside to come replace two drive tires. I have really had enough equipment issues and I'm very close to giving up. It can't be this hard...can it? IMG_00000003.jpg

11. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    In all my years of driving I found one constant. If a trip starts out really bad as yours did, it usually doesn't improve, and many times gets worse. Your next trip may go perfect, because you certainly have had bad on this one.

amiller, realfasho and The Challenger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.