Comfort Pro Apu Issues (solved)

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by mitchtazz, Apr 12, 2014.

1. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Light Load Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Oklahoma
    Oh yeah and make sure the wire to the control module is plug in inside the Apu. And that 4 pin wire is also secured and making good contact inside the evaporator box.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WheresWaldo

Nov 23, 2016
    Oklahoma
    Oh yeah and make sure the wire to the control module is plug in inside the Apu. And that 4 pin wire is also secured and making good contact inside the evaporator box.

4. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Hey waldo, there's another guy asking in different thread he started as to why his unit won't go into ac mode?
    Wasn't very specific just that it would start but wouldn't go into a.c. mode.
    Any ideas?

5. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    You can find his by typing... Confort pro in the search box. Yes he spelled it like that.

6. WheresWaldo

Nov 23, 2016
    Oklahoma
    Possible burned up board. If it was a newer unit they had a whole issue of them wearing out their auto resets where it was an issue of a whole campaign of programming updates for the units. But without a proper diagnosis it could be a loose wire. It could be no freon cause a line rubbed through.

driverdriver Thanks this.
  7. Graemike

Graemike Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2017
    I have one where ac works if outside temp is 85 or lower but not at all when hot out. Any ideas?
    GraeMike

8. WheresWaldo

Nov 23, 2016
    Oklahoma
    Do you have comfort mode turned off? Thermostat arrow moved all the way down to c. I mean other than that I couldn't tell you where to start. Do you a return air vent installed. Evaporator filter clean? Nothing blocking air flow through that area

9. Sdporter93

Sdporter93 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2017
    We just obtained truck with an Comfort pro on it. Is there a three digit default code to unlock the APU? It runs though. We just can not set any of the temperatures.

Also how could I find any electric motor shop to have the APU checked out?

Thanks

10. WheresWaldo

Nov 23, 2016
    Oklahoma
    Either try 0000, 1111, the equipment number of the truck. Or getting ahold of where you got your truck from. Truth be told the best way to run your comfort pro is without the comfort monitor. Max run time is and possibly battery Monitor is about the only two things you should have on. Any carrier dealership can check your Apu out. But if you're having any issues I could possibly trouble shoot for you for whole lot cheaper than 118 an hour. (Former carrier tech)

BigHossVolvo, Longpaper and KB3MMX Thank this.
  11. Paul Bunyan

Paul Bunyan Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Could anyone possibly help me with a carrier pro apu problem? I just had the compressor replaced, been working great since then but now I'll turn on the a/c it will blow cold for 5 min then it seems to just blow outside air in or just warm air, any clue to what the cause could be? Thanks

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.