Coming aboard

Discussion in 'YRC' started by ACH1130, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Squonk

Squonk Medium Load Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thanks ST. Yeah, until my hotel card comes in, I can only do turns. Should probably get it tomorrow. Also, yes, I did check that site out & a few others. Once I get the money, which shouldn't take too long, I'm gonna have a super nice one made. Til then, maybe I will sneak my cell phone ear buds on from time to time for a little tuneage. :biggrin_25519:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,

Got a better idea than that... go to Radioshack or some other electronics store and by a small speaker to hook up. Thats what I did back in my CWF days. Do you get a meal as well with the layover? As I think I'm single again now, Im really looking into the transfer next year unless they bring them back to smaller terminals... Might as well make that money now

4. Squonk

Squonk Medium Load Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Might be single again eh? Uh oh. lol Actually, I guess that's not funny. Sorry dude. To answer your question, no, no free meals. One thing I'm going to do right away is sign up for the frequent stay club/clubs. You get points for every stay at any of the hotels, then you can use those free nights for your vacations. Cool!

5. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    ok thats not a big deal, friend of mine was saying something about that... I normally bring my own stuff anyways

6. skinnytrucker

skinnytrucker Heavy Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    U.P. of Michigan
    I wouldn't waste too much time collecting hotel points cards. Because we get such a discounted rate I've never found a hotel that will give you points for staying. Ask around the terminal if any of the other drivers have a radio box they wanna get rid of. Most of the older drivers will give you one cause they get tired of carrying them around. My box is about 25 years old. An ex-cf driver gave it to me. If I think about it I'll take a pic and post it here this week. We don't carry radio boxes in sleepers so I leave it in my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. skinnytrucker

skinnytrucker Heavy Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    U.P. of Michigan
    Dude you live in a city with at least 4 million women you should be single for about 15 mins. Lol. Sorry, couldn't help it. I've been married for almost 17 years. Don't even remember what it's like to go on a date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    lol I live about 30 min away fron NYC

9. CenutryClass

CenutryClass Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2006
    lots of hot girls in westchester..;) i know, i lived in yonkers

10. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    very true, but as you remember there is a lot of rich snobs around by me, with people who think they are better than everyone

11. CenutryClass

CenutryClass Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Yea, that is also quite true as well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.