Coming aboard

Discussion in 'YRC' started by ACH1130, Feb 24, 2012.

1. ccway

ccway Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2012
    il
    Can anyone riddle me this ? YRC is in the middle of doing my background now for the Chicago Heights term. Ive yet to speak to anyone ? So far all conducted by emails , Is this normal process ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Might want to ask the guys in the "experience at YRC thread" sure they can hook you up with answers.

4. skinnytrucker

skinnytrucker Heavy Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    U.P. of Michigan
    Yes this is normal process. I'm a road driver at the same terminal.

5. ccway

ccway Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2012
    il
    Thanks skinnytrucker , do they start u out on the flexboard ? How do you like it there ?

6. skinnytrucker

skinnytrucker Heavy Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    U.P. of Michigan
    We call it the extra board. You will be called for either sleeper or daycab run. I e made more many working in Chicago than I have in my life. I'm on a sleeper bid. Runnin sleepers is where the real money is at.

7. ccway

ccway Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2012
    il
    How long are you out for in a sleeper ? Ive never had to do that yet only line haul and p&d in the city . Pullin doubles for Conway. Whats that start out rate like ? Im comming in with less than 6 months and have to speak to anyone as of yet.

8. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    You would be out for the week running teams. It seems like good miles and good money but I wouldn't want too. I worked for Conway before as well. You will start out higher than Conway. At CWF I made 19.35 and like 43cpm. I started p/d last year at YRC and started at 20.38 and six months later I got 20.76. I now transferred to our Maybrook terminal. I'm doing line-haul now. Started at 51cpm with a van and 52cpm doubles. Now it's over 21 a hour for hourly work and 54 for a van and 55 for doubles

9. ccway

ccway Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2012
    il
    Those $$ sound good to me , Any idea how before your able to switch terminals ? Im coming down from the wauconda area , yea the trip might be tuff for awhile but im willing for the oppertunity to get in.

10. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    I only trasferred because I was on layoff, due to dockmen becoming drivers at my old terminal. By transferring I lost all my senority only had about 3-4 months. Your senority starts when you make the teamsters list.

Now if its a change of operations, if your a losing terminal, you can go to a gaining terminal anywhere in the country and keep your senority.

11. ccway

ccway Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2012
    il
    At Con Way we were not union so this will be another first for me I hear good and bad about unions but im not gonna make any assumptions Looking forward to becoming on board thanks for your feedbacks everybody. Any idea what to expect on testing ? I read on here theyll call you back for it after the interview if it goes well enuff.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.