Coming back 4/6

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by WingRider, Apr 4, 2015.

1. horsecrazychic22

horsecrazychic22 Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2015
    The beautiful state of Oregon
    Just finished orientation and got our truck assignment. Headed to Spokane to pick it up.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ChuckyBoy

ChuckyBoy Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2014
    N. Calif - Central Valley
    @horsecrazychic22 - How was there orientation?? Myself, being a newbie was told, that basically training is 10 days then your assigned a truck. For someone new, to me this seemed like not enough training but I've read that many say it is. Just curious. I did talk to a recruiter, but all they have for my location was running all 48. I'm looking to stay more regional at this time.

horsecrazychic22 Thanks this.
  4. horsecrazychic22

Aug 21, 2015
    Being an experienced driver, we only had 4 days. But if you know what you are doing and pay attention as a newbie, I think the 2 weeks is fine. You can drive the trucks around the yard during the weekend as well. Use your time wisely. If you do not feel confident with yourself at the end, let them know. They will work with you. Everyone was very friendly. Easy to talk to.

5. lbutler

lbutler Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2013
    NC
    Did you decide to go with WS? I got a call from them today about possible starting orientation on the 19th. I am trying to find info on how many miles the Home Depot dedicated account is on average.

6. lbutler

lbutler Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2013
    NC
    Would you suggest going OTR or dedicated (Home Depot and others) with WS? They gave me an option and I am not sure which one to choose. Thanks for any info you can give me!

7. horsecrazychic22

Aug 21, 2015
    I think either one would be okay. I'm new to peoplenet, so that's what slows me down.

lbutler Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.