Coming back.. Maybe...

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by FlorabamaTrigger, Jan 2, 2013.

1. FlorabamaTrigger

FlorabamaTrigger Light Load Member

DY,0
    I can say this, I haven't heard anything about the .5cpm raise every 6 months, but that may be new. The bonuses they pay change so what you're offered now, may not be the same next week. It IS possible to take your truck home, but that will depend on your DM. If they will allow it, they will have to send someone out to your house to take photos, etc. At least that was what I was told by my DM when I wanted to go visit my parents while in Florida.
    Yes the trucks have bunkheaters, but you'll have to make sure the batteries are new otherwise you'll be having to start the truck every 3 hrs at night like I did with my last truck. And unless they've changed it I believe the idle time is 15%, and then 45% from July to the end of Sept. If your overidle on the QC goes over and your DM didn't put you in for over idle, you'll be docked on your next paycheck.

The inverters will have to come from May so they can insure someone doesn't use an old one and it short out and burn up the truck. When you change trucks, you take the inverter with you. And if you leave the company, its yours as well.

As far as the mileage goes for 11 western vs 48, I've run both. I've had 2800 mile weeks on the Western 11, and I've also had 1700 mile weeks on the 48. Neither example was due to a roll over from earlier week of miles nor low miles due to a breakdown or weather. Basically it ALL boils down to who your DM is, and how much you make a fuss as to your miles.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FlorabamaTrigger

FlorabamaTrigger Light Load Member

He's not kidding about the micro managing!!! If it weren't for me needing a place close to home to park my truck, I would be looking elsewhere. If I had my 1 year already, I've found 4 or 5 local jobs that pay more and have me home every night and weekend. But alas I'm 1.5 mths short...

4. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    just from hearing the others on here about 11 western.... good luck getting 2500 avg out west...
    we have 45% in summer and like 10% in winter, unless they have different standards for different people
    You dont have to pay all over for an inverter, the one you get is the one you pay for, just move it onto the new truck
    I cant say about the .5cpm ever 6 months, that seems kinda high for may, i know after a year we go up to .35, I havent really looked at what happens after that
    I've never heard of us doing hazmat, tho i do know may has some like trucks logistics incorporated division or something but I have no clue what they do
    when I got my inverter Installed at the shop, they asked me if I wanted to put my own inverter in or if I wanted to buy one from them

5. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    It's one half of one cent per 6 mos. Nothing new there.

6. Blue02celi

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    the decimals confuse me to what people mean lol, .5 cpm could technically mean 1/2 a cent tho when i first saw it i immediately thought 5 cents, but then .5 could mean 50 cent, like $0.50... >.< (not that I would ever thing 50 cpm but you see where im going

7. sarge11026

sarge11026 Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2010
    half a cent is .005, 1 cent is .01 and 10 cents is .10

8. Efon

Efon Road Train Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Fort Collins, CO
    You've been out too long. Go home, you're starting to go insane!

9. Blue02celi

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    lool im not going insane!
    yes, when you're talking about a dollar, .005 is half a cent... in MATH, .5 is half :p
    and im going home, or trying to, i been here a week, 2 days waiting for peterbilt to open, 2 days before they could even see the truck, calling them here shortly it should be done, i have a load that is supposedly rescheduled for delivery on monday sometime, Im supposed to be in denver wednesday for hometime, which would be fine if I didn't have a flight to catch in the morning >.<

10. Joker85

Joker85 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    Leave your truck there fly out of wisconsin

11. Paloma

Paloma Medium Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    May recruiter BSing ya. Now ya get messages on yer Qualcomm when you go over the speed limit. What micro managing joke May has become ...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.