Coming back to trucking in a new state.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by SmallSon, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yeah, you have to ask. I've never had any problem getting proper pay. I keep up with my pay and if I see an error, I bring it to the companies attention. I pulled reefers for 18 years and never had an issue that wasn't properly resolved. You don't unload either, the company pays a "lumper service" to do the unloading. Most places don't even want the driver on the dock; you'll be told to wait in the drivers room or in the truck.

SmallSon Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SmallSon

SmallSon Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2018
    I applied there as well. Growing my options up with your help. I appreciate you taking the time to post these companies.

Dennixx and Chinatown Thank this.
  4. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
  5. Snowshoes

Snowshoes Heavy Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Give Pride a call You will probably have to go out for an evail, but that only takes 50 hours drive time, I had mine done in 5 days.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. SmallSon

Apr 24, 2018
    Getting a ton of calls today. I had a company mention they only do live load/unloaded. I know I could google this question but I trust you more for some reason. How much would you say is needed on the cpm to compensate for time wasted doing loading? I'd hate to get trapped by a high cpm just to spend 4 hours at a dock.

@Chinatown

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You should be paid while live load/unload.
    You get paid for the stop (Stop pay) plus detention pay (hourly pay)
    Ask about that.

SmallSon Thanks this.
  8. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I'm not to sure, but maybe Climate Express can hire you from that part of Wyoming. We do run out to Utah so it's worth trying. If they don't hire you, it won't be because of the gap in your work history. We gotta driver who was out of a truck 4 years and he got hired, and they didn't make him do a refresher either. Where you stay in Wyoming would be more of a deterrent than the work gap. PM me when ya get a chance.

SmallSon and Chinatown Thank this.
  9. CaliRaised

CaliRaised Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2021
    I work for Dutch Maid Logistics. I live in Texas. They brought me on despite having quite a number of background issues (work history, accidents, and criminal history). They will hire drivers from nearly anywhere. Not really much freight going west, except for teams. They don't have a whole lot of freight going down to Texas. They told me to expect to stay out 6-8 weeks at a time. I go home once every 3-4 months. If they were willing to hire you, it would probably be a similar expectation as to time out on the road. Also, you will have to have a place to park the truck or pay for parking. The company doesn't pay for parking on home time.

My suggestion would be to look at companies with terminals in Utah and Nebraska. JBS Carriers located in Greeley, CO is one to consider.

SmallSon Thanks this.
  10. SmallSon

Apr 24, 2018
    Do they have any dedicated team runs? I would be interested in something like that. My home has parking for the truck but if they don't have any freight going to wyoming then it might not matter.

11. SmallSon

Apr 24, 2018
    Do you know much about Redbone? They offered me a gig but I can't find any info on them other than the website.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.