Comment to the FMCA about rule changes link

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Smitts Myth, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    eliminating the 30 min 'off duty' break would be nice.
    also modify the TX HOS vs Fed HOS, it would be nice if you work under TX HOS rules, that if you cross state lines for just a short time and re-enter TX you are not forced onto Fed HOS for the next 7 days. its a pita to do a delivery in a county just across the state line then comeback, your messed up for a week.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Go back to the 1962 HOS and roll.

The ELD is excessively violating everything. One must choose between ignoring the stack of them or meekly sitting where you are until the required 10 hours elasped or whatever.

I might as well chop the trailer to 40 feet, and use the rest to carry a personal car and lift.

4. NomadicVeteran0713

NomadicVeteran0713 Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2019
    Everyone is different, some of us can be good after 4hrs of sleep, some need the 6-8hrs average of sleep. Why not regulate the shippers and receivers to pay the company, and make the company pay the driver, 'detention' after a set of hrs and get rid of the appointment ####? Why not get rid of the HOS together, and let the driver to their thing unabated to their liking and what they can do but keep the Electronic logs to which a DOT can do a field drug test if the driver has been going for a good portion without rest?

I would like to see that, this way a driver can relax and push their body as hard as they can because they know their own body better the big brother.

5. diesel guy454

diesel guy454 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    The Fmcsa doesn't have the authority to regulate shippers and receivers. Which is the way it should be. Truck drivers cry about government regulations then turn around and want more regulations. Remember the government screwed up the gas can.

Kurt Michaels and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  6. Tanksmuch

Tanksmuch Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Central Arkansas
    You hit the nail on the head. My company is extremely generous to the customers, with my time...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.