common courtesyy among truckers?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by alohaspirit, Mar 16, 2018.

1. REALITY098765

REALITY098765 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2017
    What does the LAW say about this?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    The 66 mm light anti tank weapon says, not to use high beams.

Streetroddreams and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  4. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Nothing that I know of.

5. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Most Canadian trucks have headlights on all the time due to the Daytime running light law. They are wired that way to the parking brake.
    The only way to cut them off on a lot of trucks would be to pull the parking brake, so they cannot be flashed. Probably why some guys use the high beams.

andrewsdad Thanks this.
  6. andrewsdad

andrewsdad Light Load Member

Jul 18, 2016
    I was just going to type that @uncleal13 I have the same problem in my car. I have no other option but highbeams. I do try and look in the mirror and make sure they're not looking in the mirror if I give a quick flash of the HB's.

7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    My trucks all seem to have daylight running lights, there is no way to turn the lights off.

Flashing lights is a way to tell them it is alright to move over.

However I have been cut off by drivers who e a crap and want to make a statement that I was in their way.

8. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    When flipping that switch through parking lights the DRL should temporarily cut out. Well that is what my past rides did....Guess every rig is a little different.

9. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    My older Canadian truck, ignition on, daylight running lights are on. It has 3 levels, dlr, low beams and high beams. When I turn the head light switch off, dlr are significantly dimmer than low beam. It works for flashing, and doesnt blind.

Now all I have to do is find the dlr relay and file it in the circular file!

uncleal13 Thanks this.
  10. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Bright lights, schmilght lights, you do not like it done to you, do not do it to others. Temporary blinding others not in the interest of safety. Directing traffic can put some bozos antics on you.Colorado now about closes a highway down when crashes happen so they can mop up the mess without getting ran over,they tired of getting ran over.

11. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    When in bad weather it would be nice to get the lights. But, few do where I travel. Then the guys that park and leave their headlamps on, that seems to be the new trend out here too. Also on the fuel island or when at a dock they leave the lights on or backing into the docks. No courtesy at all out here anymore.

Roger McG and Wingnut1 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.