common sense

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by NogoJoe, Dec 29, 2012.

1. NogoJoe

NogoJoe Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    does the trucking industry take that away when you sign on. here is an example. i pick up a trl at the rancho yrd. get the paper work from the box. look a note from the driver."trailer nose heavy 36000lbs on drives" i adjusted to 12,700 steers, 34,920 drives, and 31,370 tdms . all the way forward. how would you fix this? answer. take it back to the shipper to reload. not screw the next driver. inside your truck there is a suspension psi gauge if its above 74 psi your drives are over wgt with tdms all the way forward. this load was 42,624 ive hauled 45,000 with my current set up 5th wheel set in 4th slot 1/2 fuel, tdms set to ca. end of rant

thecleaninglady Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pokerhound67

pokerhound67 Heavy Load Member

Oct 30, 2012
    nah. its not common sense thats lacking in this case. its common courtesy (which is less and less common all the time). was easier not to fix the problem and just drop it in the yard, assumedly because they knew THEY would not be going past any scales before they got there. lacking common sense woulda been not realizing the problem...he knew darn well it was illegal and just plain didnt care. same thing happens all the time. dont bother to fix the problems on a trailer you are dropping, just leave it for the next guy. unfortunately, as long as your carrier has little to no consequence for these actions, it will continue. id make you sign a contract that said id pay you a little for getting the problems fixed, and fine you a LOT for not getting them fixed. small carrot, and big stick. works every time.

4. coldhardsteel

coldhardsteel Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Modesto, ca
    I know what you mean like the company tries to give a casscadia a load that columbia picked up, which can't happen there is a 1,000 pound difference on the drives, and a 5,000 pound difference on daycabs. I know this because I to pull a costco dedicated trailer to redding.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.