Companies currently using driver cameras...

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by MACK E-6, Oct 29, 2015.

1. TheyCallMeDave

TheyCallMeDave Heavy Load Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Tejas
    I hear ya loud n clear, take the camera out of the mix, or at least rework the way the implement them (which is wrong at best) and I would of signed on without thinking twice. Oh well, from what I'm seeing and hearing I saved myself a lot of potential headache.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. genjock

genjock Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Northern California
    2 years ago I accidentally hacked a Melton camera while looking for an unbroadcasted WiFi signal. It was way to easy. I took my laptop and showed the driver. Then I handed him some tape.

mathematrucker, speedyk and Jarhed1964 Thank this.
  4. roundplanet

roundplanet Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2018
    Driver facing cameras are drivers fault, plain and simple...

5. Treputt

Treputt Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    Add John Christner Trucking (JCT) to the list. Adding forward/driver facing cameras to all trucks.

6. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    I'm still very disappointed by this. Makes me sad. I never thought I would see them do something so stupid.

Guess I'll stay at my company until I'm done driving permanently or buy my own truck.

Treputt Thanks this.
  7. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    I thought May had DFC? I was interested in them at one time because they have a terminal in Pensacola but that was a dealbreaker.

8. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    I've posted this elsewhere. A manager at a company that no longer uses cameras took them out because they made the managers uncomfortable and distracted drivers. He told me he could click on any driver at any time and watch. That same company, the HR person doing orientation told a story about how they can't see it even if they want to.

All the stories about not being able to see you live are lies.

That said, as a new guy I've been riding with a few trainers here and there, all of them do way more reaching around and phoning than I'm comfortable with. I think the real answer is to turn everyone in that we see doing it until it stops. Otherwise the alpha hotels who are careless about other people's lives are going to ruin it for everyone, they're providing evidence that the cameras are needed.

9. Rollr4872

Rollr4872 Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2018
  10. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.