Companies currently using driver cameras...

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by MACK E-6, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Jon Hull

Jon Hull Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2015
    There is no camera in my Celadon truck and when I went to orientation in October the Safety representative was asked about cameras in trucks and said that there initially were a few installed, however they had rethought it and decided not to go with them.

Dreazz75, Ooops and Mtn Gal Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Doo Dah Man

Doo Dah Man Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Godfrey Transport (Kellogg's)

4. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    TMC cameras arent 100% fleet wide. Mostly just with the screw ups, however when I was there, the lead mechanic said that the cameras were coming.

5. farmboy73

farmboy73 Medium Load Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
    Just for whatever it is worth, I asked a TMC recruiter if they have cameras this week and his reply was affirmative. He went on to opine about how he felt it would be industry wide soon, etc. Point is that he didn't in any way try to soften or qualify his answer by mentioning something similar to the first part of Gunner's quote above. That causes me to think it is just a matter of time before it's fleet wide.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    Toomanybikes Thanks this.
  6. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Im going off of my experience with them and several friends who are still over there. Word is it isnt going to be fleet wide as of now, but the resources are there incase they decide to make it fleet wide.

Mtn Gal Thanks this.
  7. zloud1

zloud1 Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2015
    Carroll Fulmer both outward and inward facing cameras

8. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    I don't care if they put 50 cameras on the outside. It's the driver facing one I'd have a problem with...

9. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    I wish the mods would just put your list in the first post and then add to it as necessary. I had to go to page 6 to see the complete listing.

Quackomatic 6000 and X-Country Thank this.
  10. fatherofthree

fatherofthree Light Load Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Iowa
    I agree ... Van Wyk out of Sheldon, IA is putting them in and claim only a 12 second record session but really driver facing and mic ... ya I told them when mine comes in heres my two week notice. Ive ran my own for years and I agree outside facing cameras are benefical but invading my privacy heck no ... but when it comes to local/day cab thats reasonable but a mic is still an invasion of privacy.

11. rocknroll81

rocknroll81 Road Train Member

Sep 29, 2010
    West Allis Wi.
    What cheese would you like with your whine, geez

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.