Companies currently using driver cameras...

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by MACK E-6, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Provolone...geez

Trucker61016, Green_20 and Mtn Gal Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    I don't mind cameras that face out, in fact I think every company should have those. We all know safety will always blame the driver in a he said she said situation

When I was a fleet manager at jb hunt some of my drivers had their own cameras since jb hunt didn't have cameras. Anyways one day a driver (four wheeler on the freeway) side swiped my guy and jammed. He got it on camera and showed me. Without that camera safety would have gave him a preventable

It also captured a gnarley accident when a driver lost his brakes going down grapevine and plowed into a Conway doubles at the bottom of the hill

4. jdiesel3406

jdiesel3406 Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Philly area
    Add NFI to the list.
    I know a driver there that almost got written up for cursing when a four wheeler cut him off then hit the brakes.

5. gnaunited

gnaunited Light Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Denver, CO
    You can add YRC Frieght to the list now.

EatYourVeggies and sedain Thank this.
  6. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    No way

7. americanmadetrucker

americanmadetrucker Logistical Engineer

Jul 3, 2012
    Company installed cameras have come of age. I remember paper logs being replaced by e logs, you can fight it,but you won't win, unless you're an independent. Cameras have a full head of steam now and they are bullin their way onto the dashboards of company trucks Nationwide! Sad but true.

DenaliDad and hunted Thank this.
  8. hunted

hunted Medium Load Member

Lily Transportation trucks are leased through Ryder

9. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I am well aware... Was just surprised with a company like YRC who is in a financial crisis...

Anyway keep this thread on topic....

Take care

10. americanmadetrucker

americanmadetrucker Logistical Engineer

Jul 3, 2012
    Okay. Merry Christmas. I asked Santa for a dash camera.

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  11. XFM2013

XFM2013 Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Bucyrus, OH
    Why? They are event triggered only, there is no 24 hour surveillance, our cameras record 4 seconds before and 8 seconds after an "event". I know one driver personally who was charged in an accident and it was proven inside and out that he was fully alert and aware, the case dismissed.

I've rode with this camera (both ways) for 2 years and have never had an event, other than a hard hook. It's the way the business is and is good protection against the ever so quick to blame motorists and safety departments.

All the people that claim "my privacy" need to get over themselves because if you drive for a company, news flash, it's their truck and property!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.