Companies currently using driver cameras...

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by MACK E-6, Oct 29, 2015.

1. DusktillDawn

DusktillDawn Light Load Member

May 19, 2017
    Central oregon truck uses them and requires 2-3 yrs experience.

Eagle transport uses them, fuel haulers
    Both companies are forward and driver facing

mathematrucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mathematrucker

mathematrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    Did orientation last week with Heartland Express. As others have reported here recently, they now prohibit the use of any cams in their trucks, including ones that face the road as well as ones that face the driver.

sevenmph, speedyk and Gumboslef9384 Thank this.
  4. ProblemChild_JJ

ProblemChild_JJ Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2019
    Chicago IL
    Correction: I said that Trimac had both forward facing and driver facing cameras but I learned that they only have forward facing.

speedyk Thanks this.
  5. JadeLove

JadeLove Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2019
    These can be added to the list
    AAA Cooper (Dothan, AL)
    RO Harrell (South Boston, VA)

6. silinus vers

silinus vers Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2015
    something to remember about the inward facing cameras, is that they're like any cctv camera in that there is only so much recording memory space, which is why they loop, and record over anything older. its different for every company, i'm out here in the oil field and the ones we have go back and forward 30 seconds when it goes off. the funny part is that here in the oil field its usually on because we hit so many bumps that its always setting it off. so long as you're not doing anything dumb just before it goes off then you're fine.
    I dont understand the people who think its watching them 24/7. they would need one person per driver to watch all that. just think of the logistics. I use to worry about them until i had another driver drop this knowledge on me.

7. DusktillDawn

DusktillDawn Light Load Member

May 19, 2017
    I got busted for not wearing my seatbelt twice bc of the driver camera. Funny part is i was wearing my seat belt but you couldnt tell bc the color of my shirt. Id suggest something on the seatbelt. If i hadnt been the guy on camera id of believed i wasnt wearing it either

8. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    We got this email yesterday Screenshot_20190911-092841_Gmail.jpg

PE_T, speedyk and mathematrucker Thank this.
  9. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Whenever the first company to install them did not have a mass exodus of drivers, the battle was lost.

10. mathematrucker

mathematrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    The battle may not be over. Some large companies such as Swift and Heartland Express have learned the hard way that with driver-facing cameras also come some new and potentially very expensive financial risks, so they got rid of them. Heartland doesn't even allow forward-facing cameras in their trucks. I'm guessing they got bit pretty bad by one of them at some point.

Gamgee, Bud A., PE_T and 2 others Thank this.
  11. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

US Foods in Las Vegas, NV. I noticed them back in 2016, but I no longer live there.

sevenmph and mathematrucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.