Companies currently using driver cameras...

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by MACK E-6, Oct 29, 2015.

1. foggy

foggy Medium Load Member

Sep 2, 2013
    What a steaming pile of propaganda...reckon anyone believes this crap?

sevenmph Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moonshadow1918

Moonshadow1918 Light Load Member

May 13, 2018
    Classic Carriers Versailles OH . Forward Aft and side view. Yes they admit they watch you . So anybody say they cant they do. Atleast theyre honest about it .

foggy Thanks this.
  4. Moonshadow1918

May 13, 2018
    End of the day its about protecting from frivilous lawsuits. And if you gotta PC to park from shipper or reciever video will capture tstop was full so you moved to next 1

Tanksmuch Thanks this.
  5. Mike250rs

Mike250rs Heavy Load Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    We use Lytx as well.
    Have forward and driver facing cameras.
    After a 30 day new hire probation, we give them a cover for the driver facing camera.

I review videos all the time and rarely contact the driver.

The most common call I make to drivers is telling them they did a good job during an event or just getting more info that the camera didn't pick up.

We use them mostly for insurance claims and sadly the final straw to dismiss a driver after several counseling sessions.

sevenmph Thanks this.
  6. Spiderfront

Spiderfront Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Not only that but the safety department at Napa will call you when you run over a pothole asking you if the truck is ok because the camera says you had a collision.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  7. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Well I never got a call from anyone and I blasted through hundreds of nasty potholes that set the camera off.

The company just is not worth it. I wouldn't waste my time with a company with driver facing cameras, especially a pissant company like that one.

foggy Thanks this.
  8. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    The only driving job where an inward facing camera is a necessity in my opinion is a bus driver/motorcoach operator. I made the switch a year and a half to coach driving, and while my company doesn't use them, when dealing with the public, a camera can be invaluable in the case of an assault on a driver, or a he said/she said altercation or incident.

Bfr38 and Jarhed1964 Thank this.
  9. Moonshadow1918

May 13, 2018
    Alot of companies going to outward inward and side cameras. They watch you so they can micro manage your driving habits and to throww you under the bus in case their is a accident. My company bust a driver eating a sandwich made him take safety classes due to to many points . 1 for activating collision (bumping dock to hard) swerving a huge pothole in Indiana. Hard brake for a deer all on video. 1 day class watching videos . How many times did they see you naked. Because last i knew eating a sandwich isnt a triggering event

Bfr38, foggy and Jarhed1964 Thank this.
  10. mathematrucker

mathematrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    Hearing about a proposed rule requiring that drivers wear straitjackets behind the wheel would surely make at least a few of the ignoramuses at the FMCSA salivate.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  11. Moonshadow1918

May 13, 2018
    Company i drove for said covering the camera was tampering with a safety device. They didnt care if you was parked either.
    Its funny how they use technology to monitor and regulate , but not to pay a driver for his downtime when all the data is there

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.