Companies currently using driver cameras...

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by MACK E-6, Oct 29, 2015.

1. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Still kind of a garbage thing to be fired over. And with many other "alternate careers" going in the dumpster nowadays, it's a three way pick between some low paying, service sector job, or panhandling if that fails, or possible turn to crime/prison system if all of those fail.

I just see all these new ways to "get fired" popping up and just can't stop thinking of how progressively dark that could get for someone.

Jarhed1964 and UturnGirl Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hollywoodsaint

Hollywoodsaint Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2020
    Hollywood California
    If they wanna watch me Jerk off...thats up to them

4. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC

They'll write you up for doing it wrong.

5. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

If you’re not fantasizing about the proper demographic, race or sexual proclivity while doing it you may be fined. Oh, and you need written consent from your imaginary partner,,,,

in writing!

6. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

It’s a brief window, but guys are making almost as much as me with UberEats, DoorDash and others as I am with a CDL. Won’t last forever but it’s a crying shame.

7. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
  8. bentstrider83

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    I often wonder if they have supervisors to check what vehicle you're actually using for that sort of thing? I know I wouldn't be using my tank of a pickup truck to do that each day. I'd probably register my pickup truck as the vehicle being used. But then turn around and put a hot-box on my motorcycle or bicycles that I got and use that for delivery instead. Less money being eaten up by wear/tear and fuel costs on the pickup.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  9. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas

10. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    You are allowed to use a motorcycle or bicycle if you wish with uber eats.They need photo of vehicle so customer can spot you.

Jarhed1964 and bentstrider83 Thank this.
  11. bentstrider83

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Well, I just may now. Work's been getting a little iffy with my current outfit and I'm not really willing to go back to the newb level style of running long-haul. Might just part time it some place and use that as another option for the near future in the event I got to move.

77fib77, Jarhed1964 and UturnGirl Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.