Companies that continually hire.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Snow Hater, Feb 13, 2020.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Cause the 25 that left were smart enough to get out/find a better company lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CK73

CK73 Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2017
    One little workaround is to update your preference to, "I don't care" if you are a non-smoker and just live with the smoke. If you are a smoker, convert to ECIG and let the driver developers know. Most trainers won't care about smoke steam vs. tobacco. Swift was so desperate to get female drivers on the road, they were pairing up young random males and females, this during the me-too movement, Just imagine how that went.

4. DAX_

DAX_ Medium Load Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Does anyone know what is the actual turnover rate in trucking?

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  5. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    From some earlier threads/subjects. It is speculated that about 98% of new CDL A drivers are not driving after year 1.

Rideandrepair, DAX_ and 88228822 Thank this.
  6. Cabinover101

Cabinover101 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2019
    CB Degree

Rideandrepair and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  7. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    I'm not sure about trucking as a whole but when I worked for Covenant it was over 100% when I started . They had a big sign with the turnover rate when you walked in the main terminal at Chattanooga . When I quit it was 98% and they were so proud of that ! They had a huge "congratulations sign" on their success getting below 100%

Im not joking ^

Rideandrepair and buddyd157 Thank this.
  8. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Wait a week. Watch how many of those 20-30 people wont sit around waiting for a trainer. If you cant wait, then you dont want the job.

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Oh amen.

Truckers know how to wait.

If I EVER get tired waiting on something then it's been way too #### long.

OldeSkool and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Thats arkward. I cannot imagine.

Usually when I run into a female trucker and shes all sassy etc. I would ask her to prove it. Dock there. And next thing you know we have a little rodeo going. I would think not too many would take time for that.

I do remember one in particular. She was a O/O docked in our 6 dock facility, some kind of cold storage with lots of freight on the floor in our reefers so it's manual unloading time. This little Pretty sits on a pile of pallets by the dock plates and coos with I guess 4 truckers. Next thing I see shes empty in about 20 minutes with a paired row of small wood on the dock behind the plate.

The four went back to unloading their trailers. And I think they had a touch of sunshine for a while, enough to motivate to get them boxes stacked and off the floor faster. So that was good for them.

11. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    From what I was told 25 yrs ago, the last ( and only) formal Orientation I’ve attended.3 day unpaid Orientation, Free room and lunch, Lol. They got a $600,Tax credit. Orientation included a bunch of safe driving tips. The tax credit was for safety training. They made money off Us, before We ever pulled a load. 2000 Drivers, they boasted the lowest major Carrier turnover rate, at 80+% Lol. They had 3 Orientations per week, averaging 20 per class, to cover Turnover. A racket in itself. Yes they get Tax credits. I’m sure there are more for Training, Job creation credits also, along with School schemes, Fleece Purchase, and Recruiting schemes. All of it optional for those who partake. Just know, it’s all part of a self serving scheme. It’s much more than simply a Driver shortage. There’s incentive, and as they say, Drivers are a dime a dozen. When things got slow, around the time Yellow went out,they literally starved out a lot of good Drivers.Why not? Their phones were ringing off the hook. Today they’re 3x the size they were. Driver Shortage? That’s a joke. Tax credits, a reality. Those who believe the Megas cut rates, are wrong. They get Contracts, by covering the Freight. Their rates aren’t cheap. That’s a misconception. They charge plenty, and have the profits to prove it.

DAX_, lovesthedrive and Cabinover101 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.