companies that dont require refresh course

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by o.m.d., Jan 10, 2011.

1. o.m.d.

o.m.d. Heavy Load Member

Aug 15, 2010
    massachusetts
    ha woah, jonny1 is in the building. hey remember your first day driving tractor trailers? i'll have my first day. please, i'd love to hear how you think because i'm trying to by pass a school i think i know it all? driving straight trucks has pushed me into wanting to drive tractor trailers, i have a love for being out on the road and being behind the wheel. i have a bit of knowledge of driving, i never ONCE said i know it or all or anything for that matter except knowing not to push the limits. i know ONE thing for sure, thats to treat the truck with respect or you'll find yourself crashed! you're such a prick seriously i'd probably punch you right in the mouth if you said this kind of crap to my face. its uncalled for. sorry to step on your toes didnt know that the road was meant for jonny1 and gang. its seriously people like you that fuel my fire to prove you wrong. every single one of my teachers in highschool said i was throwing my life away if i dropped out and you know what i did? I went back for a visit when i bought a house and they all had NOTHING to say to me then. watch me rise jonny because judgements and being looked down only make me want to go further and better just to spite you.

Jonny1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jonny1

Jonny1 Medium Load Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I hope your able to achieve your dreams. Sometimes thats all a man has.

4. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC

Whatever. I was just giving him information. Feel free to skip my posts if that bugs ya.

Jonny1 Thanks this.
  5. Jonny1

Jan 14, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Yes, information is good.....might help a driver get a job.

6. o.m.d.

o.m.d. Heavy Load Member

Aug 15, 2010
    massachusetts
    oh yeah and johnny, class B cdl is 26,001 and UP. my truck that just went back to the leasing company was 55,000 gvw. shows how much you actually know LOL. 26000 isnt CDL

7. Jonny1

Jan 14, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I can tell from your posts you dont have a clue, so as not to confuse a true student coming here, I will clarify:

26,001 GVW (Gross Vehicle Weight) which mean both truck and cargo contents, is what dermines if you need a CDL,. if your at that weight min., both truck and contents........you will require a CDL. If your not towing a trailer, you need a B, if your towing a trailer you need an A. If you dont meet those weight standards, but have a truck with air brakes, some states require an F with an air brake endorsement and a medical card, and some dont.

Depending on the size ,brand, type, of truck and trailer and the amount of fuel, an empty trailer and tractor typically weigh somewhere around 35000 to 37000, allowing for about 44000 lbs of freight.

Could you have a 55000 GVW , sure so whats your point? Just spouting off like you actually know something I guess??

You need to really do a little study, because most of your posts just confuse people who are here to learn about this industry. Its very evident from that last post you do not have a clue, so spend some time learning about the industry instead of acting like an idiot and posting stupid comments that cause confusion and might make a student make a poor career move. Its clear you dont like how I post the frank truth, you would rather just have someone tell you like you wish it was.......well there are plenty of those people here too. Like I have said in past, I wish you much success and hopefully you will spend sometime here learning more about the industry, so you can make an educated career move, if you choose.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  8. Marksteven

Marksteven Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Bumble Fxxx
    I did the OTR thing for 4 years with FFE. Then i got a job driving for Trailways bus lines (Remember go Big Red ) for 3 years. Then i decided to do the military thing and went on active duty for 8 years with the Army. When i got out i got grandfathered into the CDL in 92. Obviously and i dont blame them but no company would hire me without going through training again. I went with Schneider National. They were big in recruiting Vets. after the 1st gulf war. I stayed with them for 8 months before getting an LTL job.

Jonny1 Thanks this.
  9. o.m.d.

o.m.d. Heavy Load Member

Aug 15, 2010
    massachusetts
    Ok first of all I posted this thread in the experienced truckers column. Second of all you said 26000gvw to 80000gvw is no big deal. 26000gvw isn't cdl! Maybe someone else might find your post helpful but I already know that stuff as I went to truck school when I got a class b license. I ####### know FULL well I can run 55000gvw and that means with freight. I know that gvw doesn't mean truck weight! What the #### dude leave me alone. Sorry you're a ####### dumb ### who needs everything explained or else you might think I don't know what I was talking about. I'm done, thanks for hijacking my thread with you ########. Be glad this isn't in person prick!

10. o.m.d.

o.m.d. Heavy Load Member

Aug 15, 2010
    massachusetts
    nice! yeah its f-n stupid the polices. werner told me they'd hire me if i had 30 days tractor trailer experience even if it was local. i think thats kind of ridiculous. i think i'm gonna talk to my boss about getting a tractor trailer and stay on with him longer then i was thinking, if he'll do it i'll make more money plus be home every night anyway. theres a bus company here, its union they're hiring starting at 15 and some change an hour i'm reeeaaall tempted to go get my passenger endorsement and apply but i really like this company. we dont kiss people's ###'s like a lot of places do, real secure in that sense. if a customer pisses off a driver and we snap back my boss wont do anything, but piss off a good customer and you will get a crap storm.

11. I am medicineman

I am medicineman Medium Load Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Kemper County, Mississippi
    OMD, I am with you on the "no refresher" for those WITH EXPERIENCE.

I believe it's a money rackett, and used to "bind" a driver to a company.

I also think it's HILARIOUS when someone with under 5 years exp tries to advise others on here, and I laugh my ### off when the driving school graduates spout off like they are something "extra special".

But I will agree with ONE point you didn't......

Going from straight truck to Tractor trailer is NOT easy.
    I know, cause i did it.

I would HIGHLY advise you get some seat time in a "controlled environment" before you decide to jump out into the world of crazy 4-wheelers and rookie truckers.

But don't give my words any more weight than anyone else.
    I'm nothing.
    I've only driven trucks "off and on" for 25+ years, and they say i "need a refresher" too.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.