Company Driver for Prime Inc.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Flipper0_0, May 8, 2021.

1. BM 58

BM 58 Heavy Load Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Keep up with your training, stay away from the lease bs, gain some experience and move on to your next chapter. Don’t be discouraged about jackwads punking you for working for Prime. He was probably one of them that rode in on the bus and was at the Flying J a week later trying to hitch hike home. We all had to start somewhere.

Vagabond 46 and Eowyn Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. traingrapes

traingrapes Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2020
    Oklahoma
    I net $1000-$1200 a week on the regular as Company... Sometimes I make like $800 on a bad week. They also housed, paid me $650/week, and fed me while training.

Both times I broke down due to DPF issues I was paid ~$120 in breakdown a day, stayed in a paid for motel, and I never have to run illegal.

I'd say the company is pretty legit as far as the company side goes. Having talked to other company drivers... I get paid the same to do less work in better maintained equipment.

I hate big companies on principle, but not all of them are entirely evil.

Vagabond 46 and Goldenfan Thank this.
  4. traingrapes

Apr 10, 2020
    Oklahoma
    Company drivers get an APU & a 1500W Modified Sine Inverter. You can have the passenger seat removed, they even took mine out and I have a full size truck.

5. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    Are you a lady? Not sure because of your name and pic. But if you are then there will be doors open to you that are lucrative.
    After a clean year of driving look around at what's out there. You said you're not interested in OO and frankly at this time neither am I. Just look at cryogenic and chemical hauling, LTL, and line haul. Company drivers are banking as much as some OO in companies like Prime do.
    Enjoy the new experiences.

6. diesel guy454

diesel guy454 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    That is horrible pay. It's sad that drivers think that is good pay.

7. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    For NET pay AFTER taxes, benefits, etc? That has to be between $1400-1600 gross per week. How much do you make? How long have you been driving?

8. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    Remember......he/she is a ROOKIE DRIVER.

9. diesel guy454

diesel guy454 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    I make a hell of a lot more than that. And so do a lot of other guys I know. I've been driving 34 years.

10. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    There is your answer

11. traingrapes

Apr 10, 2020
    Oklahoma
    Never said it's great pay. It's just better than what other starter companies are paying for running the same miles in a week.

Part of the problem is that people like you refuse to train or hire new drivers, so the only way for us to get experience is to put in 2-3y at a small handful of super cut throat mega corps.

Of course mega corps will fill that role and use us newbies to cut a fat profit.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    rostig4404 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.