Company information?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by buckawsomeshot, Dec 5, 2019.

1. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Got it. You are asking for specific information while speaking in generalizations. No need meeting the same standards you require.

REO6205 and buddyd157 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buckawsomeshot

buckawsomeshot Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2019
    Your just one of those guys that likes to pick arnt you? The whole post was a generalization and a observation of what I have seen when other people have asked questions about a specific company. Which brings me to another observation there are a lot of antagonizers that just try to turn every conversation into a argument.

4. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Ever consider re-enlisting?

5. buckawsomeshot

Dec 3, 2019
    After 20 years I would rather circumcise my self with a blender than stay in longer.

6. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Go to truck stops and ask the drivers direct. Cold call places youre interested in and inquire about their jobs. If you dont like what you see on the boards, then do the leg work yourself. TMC might be a good fit cuz they take pride in their job and in the appearance of their fleet and they dont take not bull, or so I've heard.

7. buckawsomeshot

Dec 3, 2019
    Im leaning toward TMC Just because they seem to have a Military like mind set. I do have plenty of time to figure it out though as I learned last night. They tell us start applying for jobs about 5 months from retirement because the hiring process is long for regular companies. I guess this is not true with shippers I had to turn down a offer last night because instead of weeks for a application to soak and then interview and background check process. They wanted me to start driving next month. I wont be out of the army till may.

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  8. BigDog Trucker

Nov 4, 2018
    You'll find in trucking that as long as you have a clean driving record and endorsements, and especially being a vet, you'll pretty much be able to get a job at the snap of your fingers. It might not be the best paying job out there, bit it will keep your lights on. And eventually, you will be able to get the best paying job with the more clean driving and experience you get. I was going to go with TMC but then UPS freight hired me. Now Im into the construction side of things hauling equipment and building materials. TMC participates with the GI Bill apprenticeship program also, so you'll get E5 BAH for their location in Iowa.

9. buckawsomeshot

Dec 3, 2019
    Thats the long game for me. I have spent a long time away from my family already not as much by comparison as a driver that has been on the road for 20 years. But 20 years in the Army equates to about 7 years gone for me. I plan to run hard for a couple years to maximize earnings in conjunction with my pension and eliminate debt. Then either find a local job moving dirt and equipment or fire up the welding truck and go build fence. I have a buddy that did the same thing when he got out ran hard for 15 months is now debt free to include his house and sits at home rebuilding VW's and smoking weed living good off his military pension

10. BigDog Trucker

Nov 4, 2018
    Hell yeah. Get that mortgage paid off then youre kicking back and relaxing. Just dont commit any felonies or else I believe your pension can be taken away.

11. buckawsomeshot

Dec 3, 2019
    i have no intention of being a felon, just pay these bills and chill. my goal is to be unemployed by 42

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.