Company paid CDL recommendation

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Bladshel, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Bossladi Dee

Bossladi Dee Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2018
    @Chinatown what's the best paid cdl training in ga was considering Swift but they keep u OTR from the reviews and I'm a single mother of three who want to become regional or dedicate to Atl

2. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @Bossladi Dee
    Schneider probably has something you'd be interested in. www.schneiderjobs.com
    They have some jobs where you're home every day and some maybe 2 or 3 times a week.
    Schneider has some cdl schools and also contracts with some private cdl schools.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  3. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @Bossladi Dee
    Roehl Transport has cdl school in Conley,GA and has some flex work schedules.
    Roehl Transport and Schneider both do hair follicle drug testing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Millis Transfer has cdl school in Cartersville,GA
    Good company and maybe be home on weekends.

4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I think Jones Bros is the flatbed outfit on the same road with Jim Palmer in Missoula. Lots of Allie Knight videos driving to the yard.

5. Bladshel

Bladshel Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2017
    Millis Transfer has a terminal in Cartersville Georgia, ALOT of freight running through Atlanta, if you do regional will be home weekends and can be home through the week too. They have CDL training and I would recommend it. I had some great training at Cartersville and can answer any questions you might have

nomadatheart Thanks this.
  6. nomadatheart

nomadatheart Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2016
    Evans, Colorado
    From what I read on their site seems to be a pretty good company to start out with.

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    They don't hire in Colorado though. They're east of I-35 mostly. Their trucks are set up right for driver comfort. New cdl grads must graduate from Millis cdl school. Get a Tennessee address and they'll hire you for their cdl school.
    • Auto shift tractors with ABS braking and traction control
    • Speed governor set at 70 mph when driver meets safety requirements
    • Summit driver comfort seat
    • Refrigerator
    • Sirius Satellite Radio, 24” flat screen and DirecTV subscription paid for by Millis
    • Crank out vent windows in sleeper with screens
    • Dash mounted radio with weather band
    • Aluminum wheels
    • Touchless 5th wheel release
    • Customized storage capacity
    • Double bunks (upper and lower)
    • Power locks and windows

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  8. nomadatheart

nomadatheart Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2016
    Evans, Colorado
    I was thinking the same, want to move to Tennessee first then do training. Do they have those APUs that provide heating and a/c?

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I think their new trucks do.

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @nomadatheart
    Do 12 mos. with Millis Transfer, then if you decide you want more home time, switch to Old Dominion Freight Lines or Estes Express. Those two are expanding in the Knoxville area and should have some excellent line haul jobs available. My buddy in another part of Tennessee drives for Estes Express and has a regular line haul run to Indianapolis every night and home every day. Not sure if he runs 5 days a week or 6 days a week, but makes $70K per year. You can do the same if you want.
    R&L Carriers probably has a Knoxville terminal and they do the same as Old Dominion and Estes Express.
    Old Dominion and Estes Express have the better reputation though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.