Company refusing to give logs

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Canadianhauler21, Dec 7, 2018.

1. canadian

canadian Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Surrey, British Columbia
    If you hint at your lack of intelligence by signing their b2b agreements that pays you the same rate as any other steering wheel holder while throwing every liability under the sun at you this in said agreement will give them a huge boner knowing they can run whatever other scams on you further into the future, legal or illegal.

Any B2B agreement that throws liability at you should be paid exponentially MORE for the added risks. But of course if you ask for the correct rate for the business risks you'll take they know it won't be profitable for them, and probably won't sign on with you.

There are agencies who provide drivers to companies, for vacation relief and other business-critical events. They have the proper corporate structures and business insurance and legal team in place to handle issuing drivers to other companies. They typically charge a minimum of $40/hr for their services.

Canucklehead and Canadianhauler21 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    Yep that's why when I saw those things in the contract I turned it down basically on the spot. Why should I take owner operator liability if it isn't even my own equipment. There was a whole bunch of crap on that contract that I wondered how they even had drivers.

4. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Canadianhauler21 Thanks this.
  5. 3noses

3noses Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Clearwater, B.C.
    And totally illegal in both countries, always has been. But the authorities are waking up, way too much tax revenue is being lost. Add in lost compo deductions, and the cost to the health system in Canada when an injured driver doesn't have compo because nobody paid into the system, the costs are staggering..

Canadianhauler21 Thanks this.
  6. Pawel-pl

Pawel-pl Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2017
    It’s not only that they #### up the industry but what most importantly is that they destroyed trust between companies and truck drivers, we pay 55c per mile for long haul dry van loads for cross border freight and we are struggling to get new drivers to our company. We always pay on time and try to keep family business atmosphere for all employees but from what I hear from our drivers as soon as they tell someone that this is our offer and that we are looking for new people to work they simply don’t believe them and think that they are just getting bonus pay for recommendation.

Canadianhauler21 and magoo68 Thank this.
  7. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    You actually have a record. You posted questions here about those moves. If I’m remembering correctly.

Hopefully those questions predate the raid.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If they knew a raid waa coming down out of the sky before the rai then the police department has a ig mouth some where.

9. Jager627

Jager627 Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2019
    Not to bring this topic back from the graveyard, but @Pawel-pl, your company still looking for drivers? I'm on my way out of the army after 15 years, and looking at my next career.

10. Pawel-pl

Pawel-pl Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2017
    I will send you the PM

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.