Company Won't Pay

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by XiZBiT, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Tommo2

Tommo2 Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Shelby, MI
    Man, there's more & more of these vermin coming out of the woodwork. Grifter low life need extermination. I just got nailed last week by similar scum. They took out of my settlements for damage, for log violations, for fines by DOT on their equipment, for deductibles, any excuse to scam me. Bosniak euro-trash in MI.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Screaminpete

Screaminpete Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2009
    NV
    Hope everything works out for you! Good luck!!!!

4. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Have you contacted the shipper and receiver and asked for copies of the weight tickets ?

5. XiZBiT

XiZBiT Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Detroit
    RickG, I feel like a complete idiot! It didnt even cross my mind to call them, this entire situation has got me so stressed out I cant even think straight. I just called the receiver and they are faxing them over to me in 30 miniutes. 1 problem solved that they cant use against me.

6. XiZBiT

XiZBiT Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Detroit
    I have just confirmed with CHR that the load missing pallets was paid in full to the company on Dec 23

7. XiZBiT

XiZBiT Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Detroit
    Ok to make along story short, I received a check today, dont get excited... its was for 734.00 of the 5800.00 they owe me. They came up with every excuess to take deductions.

Side note* they are showing my total revenue to the truck as the entire gross and taking 20% off that.

Remeber them weight tickets I talked about, well they actually charged me 1450.00 even after I faxed them proior to the check being released. How the hell do you chage me for a load that was delivered on time???

Trailer damage 800.00 (was damaged by previous driver and noted by both Ryder locations, also have a signed statement faxed to Ryder that they are aware of the damage to the top corner of the trailer and I would not be held responsable)

Charged me 950.00 for missing cargo, I confirmed the load was paid in full by CHR, and no INS claims have been made, they say they are holding the money just incase

Charged 150.00 late fee on a load that was delivered on time, shop was closed on the friday after Thanksgiving, rescheuled for Tuesday morning with the dispatcher.

Took another 110.00 out for a fuel advance which was given to me for dead heading 245 miles

After all this they are saying they will take an additional 938.00 out of of ther final check which should be for 4054.00 but are telling me is for 2400 minus the 938.00 which leaves me with 1462.00.

Even after these deducations, the check should have been for a lot more then this, apparently they cant do simple MATH...

8. blanco

blanco Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Gwinnett County, GA
    Scammers are def out in force. We had this guy at our drop yard. Showed up one day, scammed some folks, and split promptly. We now have people showing up looking for him.

http://www.wolfepacktransportation.com/

I'd file a report on ripoffreport.com.

9. Tommo2

Tommo2 Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Shelby, MI
    I'd ripoff one their arms and beat them over the head w/ it.

starmac Thanks this.
  10. XiZBiT

XiZBiT Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Detroit
    Thanks everyone, I was able to talk to one attorney on the phone and thinks it would be a waste of time and money to sue, this basement operation has no assests and I probably wont be able to ever collect.... I will call OOIDA Monday and see if they can help

I wonder if there is anything criminal about this, I feel victimized and helpless.

11. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    It's criminal, but no one cares. As far as help from the law is concerned, go to small claims court on your own, and maybe get a judgment not worth the paper it is written on, or move on.

Years ago anyone could be a broker. They would broker a bunch of loads, close their doors, then open up the next day in the same building with a different name.

You could try the judgement thing and attach anything they may have. Sue the company and them both.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.