Computer Logs (not Elog)

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by Palazon, Sep 19, 2013.

1. mathematrucker

mathematrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    By simply whiting out Interstate's info and setting it up so users can import a graphic file with their company's name and address (this would be a snap), non-IDC drivers might find my log book app useful and be willing to pay something like five bucks for it. It would probably only work for companies that don't have strict scanning requirements for their logs though. The app will always be free for IDC drivers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mathematrucker

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    Oops I should have said users can type in that info. (Duh...since the driver signature needs to be in a graphic file I thought of that first, but a graphic obviously isn't needed for the company info.)

4. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    BTW: I stopped by the Tacoma office to drop some paperwork. The boss lady in the scanning department was raving about your (our) tripsheets and wishes to speak with you about sharing it company wide. Sorry about getting that to you so late, been a very busy month.

mathematrucker Thanks this.
  5. mathematrucker

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    Just now saw your reply Palazon. For awhile back in Nov-Dec I was leaving the trip sheet (and logging) app on CDs placed in the driver lounges (Tacoma, Wilsonville, Fontana) so there are probably several drivers using it now. Next time I'm in Tacoma I'll introduce myself to the people in the scanning department.

6. mathematrucker

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    Update: after introducing myself to the scanning department we had a pleasant chat but it's unlikely that Interstate will ever endorse and promote the trip sheet app. The company is just too big and stodgy to be so bold.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.