Con-Way Any Freight Updates?

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by lazow1md, Jul 9, 2009.

1. mlrs270

mlrs270 Light Load Member

May 15, 2008
    winston salem nc
    That conway driver was killed in that accident i hate to tell you!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SKY8109

SKY8109 Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2010
    The GREAT USA
    I'm not familiar with the accident, other than what was posted...Why do you say the Conway driver was killed when it clearly stated in the linked article otherwise? I'm not being argumentative, just asking for clarification of your statement..

S~

4. strat24

strat24 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Illinois
    .........+1

5. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    The link I posted was from an accident in western MN in which 2 were killed. The Conway driver was not injured or deemed at fault.

6. mlrs270

mlrs270 Light Load Member

May 15, 2008
    winston salem nc
    the jamestown news of nd reported the driver was killed but his wife is in serious condition at hennepin county med center!

7. Dennixx

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    You may chose to believe who you want but I had dinner with Will on Wed eve and dropped him off at XWE after that. The crash took place around 7:30am Thus on his way back from XMP and he was back in Watertown that afternoon after a hospital check and pee test. I spoke with him early that night before he grabbed a ride back to the twin cities w/line haul. He took Fri and Mon off and was back to work the following Tues. I assure you the east bound truck driver and the wife of the car driver who was struck in their driveway are the only people who perished in that accident!

jakebrake12 Thanks this.
  8. Dennixx

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    8 weeks in and got myself a start time. Not the best bid but after 3 wks I can say it will keep me in shape.Tues-Sat 3:30am hostler. The key is to pace yourself. Don't wanna wear out the knees,just ask any UPS package car driver and they will tell you that's when you will have the whiskers to be a feeder driver. Had some minor issues with the young clipboard holders for a minute but after a talk with the personal supervisor and HR and an apology from 2 of them, I believe the respect issue has been resolved. I will not be talked down to by kids I have t-shirts older than. Uniforms next week and a locker not to mention insurance. The freight must be rockin since I've got 17 guys under me as of yesterday and 3-4 more in the pipeline training. I was the bottom guy for like a minute.
    I'll continue to look to better my work position since 5 yrs is a long progression but it still seems the overall economy still stinks and I'm moving up quick. Hope everyone has a great and safe holiday.

9. dr5169

dr5169 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2008
    chicago,il
    Agere with yu Dennix..i am movin up quickly at my location also...already 11 guys under me since feb 2010 and they are still hiring...... but 5 years is a bit much to wait for top scale...

10. jakebrake12

jakebrake12 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I95

I never had that bid.. My first was a mid-afternoon start that I liked - I liked it so much that I bid that time for the next three years till I finally was able to hold a line-haul bid. Could have any city start time we offer here but will probably continue to bid line-haul for quite some time since I like the work and love the paychecks.. haha..

11. Dennixx

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    I would probably bid line haul only if I could get a day lane bid and that won't happen before I'm of retirement age. With near 25 yrs on you Jake I have a firm grip on my needs in life and everything I have is already straight up owned.
    My upbringing and history have produced a frugal lifestyle, and with no more kids and on my 2nd wife, the struggle for the legal tender has taken it's place lower on lifes ladder.
    If I could work just 40 hrs per wk I'd be happy but can live and have a life with 50.
    Seems running line haul is just work and sleep. Or maybe I'm just too old.
    At any rate my next bid will, I hope, will get me a 10am P&D.
    Keep on truckin' and stay safe.

jakebrake12 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.