Con-Way Freight_How do I get in ?

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by comingback4good, Sep 3, 2011.

1. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    good luck and keep us posted. I hated Hireright. They almost cost me my job because they couldnt find a job I listed and CWF wouldnt let me work till I got a letter confirming my employment. They actually called there and asked. YRC did the same thing because Im a volunteer firefighter and the leuitenant told me a company asked about you. Most be a bigger terminal or a FAC that you are out of. Or if it dont work out you could always come to YRC lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CenutryClass

CenutryClass Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2006
    find out what class service center you are and how many guys are on the flex board..then you can kind of gauge how things mightlook for you

4. Teflon 007

Teflon 007 Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2012
    BEAST Coast

Yeah, HireRight asked for another contact # from my previous employer, even though they're OUT OF BUSINESS lol. I had to tell them that CWF was aware of this but I still had to fax my W-2's from the beginning year & the last year I worked there to verify...sheeeesh! I also had to fax my beginning & last pay stub of my job BEFORE that so they could expedite the process somewhat. They have TERRIBLE reviews online, reviews stating how they cost people their job. I believe ALL the negative reviews 110%! They are the worst.

5. Teflon 007

Teflon 007 Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2012
    BEAST Coast

I'll definitely find out all that info once I'm in the door, which will be April 2nd...hopefully.

6. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    good luck im sure you will be fine, you wont get the nice new tractors though, the ones i norally drove were 16 yr old junk heap ford with no power and no a/c. Usually mondays id get lucky since 6 guys were on the midnight shift. find out what kind of terminal it is like century said, he nos them better than I do

7. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    now that i remember, the only thing that might hurt you in Linehaul is that CWF uses a ot of sub contractors to pull their freight like weiner(got it from century), crst, and multi group logistics. they say it saves money but theres no stacking system and if it gets damamged the sub contractor can say they loaded it that way blah blah blah. I know for a fact Old dominion pulls its own freight and only does, not sure about ABF, UPSF or estes. I know YRC had a few sub contractors pulling our freight but ended up getting rid of them and having YRC pul everything. I did see a truck that was an OTR driver not fro YRC, but one of the guys said it was a thing of food that needed to be kept refidgerated so sometimes they come in.

My opinion a freight company should haul its own stuff and not use an outside service

jakebrake12 and Leftlane101 Thank this.
  8. jakebrake12

jakebrake12 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I95
    Very true.. Hope you're doing well man..

9. CenutryClass

Feb 15, 2006
    saw covenant dragging an estes set over donner yesterday. Im telling you man, the fac i run to loads at least 10 vans per night. The loading is terrible, and i hate stripping them. damage claims have to be through the roof.

conway is kinda like walmart, whored out and everyone drags their freight.

10. CenutryClass

Feb 15, 2006
    missed your post, welcome to the forums brother.

11. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    @jakebrake, everything is going good now, especiallys since the freight season is here again. I hope your terminal is still busy. From what I heard we are getting some new tractors and trailers since we are starting to pick up again and make profit.

@Century that answers my question. Still dont understand about the whole sub-service pulling the freight. YRC had some too and still do in certain parts, but are in the progress of getting rid of all sub-services. As for wal-mart, the wal-mart I deliver too NFI pulls the trailers. Sometimes a wal-mart truck will show up, drop a trailer in one door, and then take the other one.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.