Con-way student OTR driver?

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by snowbird_89, Jan 12, 2011.

1. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    Is this still valid and what are they paying student drivers??

Thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. vmaggs

vmaggs Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Sarasota, Fl
    First day of orientation you will receive $100, the following Monday $300, once you go out with finisher you will be paid .26 cpm, it goes to .30 once you grad to your own truck.

gt40hwy Thanks this.
  4. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    That sounds fair. What locations do they do orientation at?? Is Joplin the only place they do that??

Thank you

5. venne

venne Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Troy Maine
    Read every thing about CR England and then start running away from them you will hear noting good about them

6. venne

venne Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Troy Maine
    I to am going to a private school in Sept

I was contacted by Con WAY AND 95% IS ALL GOOD. Soon as I have my CDL A I will join thm

7. bigpetesbee

bigpetesbee Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Hi Dan I also got my CDL through a school in mass and went through boot camp at crowder in neosho no been here 4 years at Conway truckload and love it Rember there are good and bad at every company if you get hired at Conway truckload see if you can get Brent truck 24370 as your finnisher he is my bud and a great finnisher you get 3 weeks or 7500 miles then you get your own truck hope this helps good luck

8. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    They'd probably send you to Crowder for a 5 day "boot camp", Crowder is awesome, so you should do fine if you take that option.

9. gt40hwy

gt40hwy Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Holbrook, NY
    Hi just got a call from Conway and Prime. Both seem to be good companies just need a bit of more feed back on anyone who know more than a newbie right out of school. Passed my road test in NY, clean record and applied for my hazmat. My school is a PTDI school and I'm wondering if there are other companies as good as both of these. Hope someone can give me feed back.
    thanks.:biggrin_2552:

10. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Ask Con-way's recruiter about Northeast Regional. Most of us prefer not to run up there. You will be using 53' trailers and a 13-speed KW if you go to Con-way's boot camp.

gt40hwy Thanks this.
  11. Brunsco

Brunsco Light Load Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Wilmington NC
    gt40hwy the wife and I have just finished Crowder Boot Camp for Conway...if you go with them they will put you through the one week camp. We are headed back to Joplin in the morning where we will finish up our paper work and hopefully get assigned a finisher in the next couple of days and be on the road. Crowder Boot Camp was a great learning experience and they bring you up a level in your driving. As for Conway from what I have seen so far they seem to be top notch...

gt40hwy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.